Mar Cabra, head of the data and research unit at the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), anticipates more large-scale leaks to surface in the near future.
So how did the ICIJ tackle the Panama Papers investigation, and what are some key factors needed to make sense of data sets of this scale?
Journalism.co.uk caught up with Cabra to get some behind the scenes insights at the News Impact Summit in London on 12 May.
Free daily newsletter
- Bureau Local announces fund to support local reporting from journalists and members of the public
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tool for journalists: Flourish, for creating data visualisations without coding
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets
- The Humanitarian News Research Network aims to help journalists and communications teams improve their work