Mar Cabra, head of the data and research unit at the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), anticipates more large-scale leaks to surface in the near future.
So how did the ICIJ tackle the Panama Papers investigation, and what are some key factors needed to make sense of data sets of this scale?
Journalism.co.uk caught up with Cabra to get some behind the scenes insights at the News Impact Summit in London on 12 May.
Free daily newsletter
- German non-profit CORRECTIV to replicate the successful investigative journalism model used by the Bureau Local
- Need to catch up? Here's your weekly journalism news update
- ‘We have one thing that other publishers don’t have - time’: International investigative journalism at BuzzFeed
- Data journalists, unite! How data journalism is evolving in Brazil
- Data sharing is caring: BBC boosts local news output through its Shared Data Unit