Mar Cabra, head of the data and research unit at the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), anticipates more large-scale leaks to surface in the near future.
So how did the ICIJ tackle the Panama Papers investigation, and what are some key factors needed to make sense of data sets of this scale?
Journalism.co.uk caught up with Cabra to get some behind the scenes insights at the News Impact Summit in London on 12 May.
Free daily newsletter
- UK parliament told the media needs greater covid-19 data transparency
- Coronavirus, statistical chaos and the news, one year on
- Paul Connolly, investigative broadcast journalist, on the art of the interview
- Tip: Seven storytelling angles to spruce up your data journalism
- Treading the line between public interest news and campaigning journalism