Mar Cabra, head of the data and research unit at the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), anticipates more large-scale leaks to surface in the near future.
So how did the ICIJ tackle the Panama Papers investigation, and what are some key factors needed to make sense of data sets of this scale?
Journalism.co.uk caught up with Cabra to get some behind the scenes insights at the News Impact Summit in London on 12 May.
Free daily newsletter
- EJC launches Freelance Journalism Assembly to support the self-employed community
- How to set up your distributed newsroom for success
- Six journalism podcasts to listen to while in lockdown
- IDA, Microsoft’s new AI-powered tool, helps journalists collaborate on large datasets
- Tip: How to become a data journalist