Mar Cabra, head of the data and research unit at the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), anticipates more large-scale leaks to surface in the near future.
So how did the ICIJ tackle the Panama Papers investigation, and what are some key factors needed to make sense of data sets of this scale?
Journalism.co.uk caught up with Cabra to get some behind the scenes insights at the News Impact Summit in London on 12 May.
Free daily newsletter
- Data sharing is caring: BBC boosts local news output through its Shared Data Unit
- Need to catch up? Here's your weekly journalism news update
- 5 ways data journalism became more innovative in the past few years
- Why algorithmic accountability reporting needs to go beyond transparency
- Emily Dugan, BuzzFeed News, joins opening panel at newsrewired on 11 July