Mar Cabra, head of the data and research unit at the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), anticipates more large-scale leaks to surface in the near future.
So how did the ICIJ tackle the Panama Papers investigation, and what are some key factors needed to make sense of data sets of this scale?
Journalism.co.uk caught up with Cabra to get some behind the scenes insights at the News Impact Summit in London on 12 May.
Free daily newsletter
- Robot journalists revive hyperlocal communities left behind by declining regional media
- Can user rating help news brands regain audience trust?
- The impact of AI on journalism and democracy
- Tip: Eight ways to use spreadsheets for data journalism
- The Economist is using interactive data-driven Stories to widen its Instagram community