Mar Cabra, head of the data and research unit at the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), anticipates more large-scale leaks to surface in the near future.
So how did the ICIJ tackle the Panama Papers investigation, and what are some key factors needed to make sense of data sets of this scale?
Journalism.co.uk caught up with Cabra to get some behind the scenes insights at the News Impact Summit in London on 12 May.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these recommendations for collaborating on projects
- 'If you want to do a story, there's nothing that can stop you': Behind the award-winning investigation into India's skin trade
- In the UK, data journalism and investigations are getting more local
- New digital magazine Reporter will focus on investigative, participatory journalism in Luxembourg
- Tip: Open this data journalism advent calendar throughout December