Mar Cabra, head of the data and research unit at the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), anticipates more large-scale leaks to surface in the near future.
So how did the ICIJ tackle the Panama Papers investigation, and what are some key factors needed to make sense of data sets of this scale?
Journalism.co.uk caught up with Cabra to get some behind the scenes insights at the News Impact Summit in London on 12 May.
Free daily newsletter
- Get ready for the newsroom of 2020
- Google rolls out algorithm changes to reward news organisations for original reporting
- Weekly journalism news update: citizen journalism, tackling misinformation and Google algorithms
- 10 free sources of data on the media industry
- Live-streaming app Happs is set to innovate breaking news