He explains the need for local reporters to break out of their comfort zones and into other British communities — but there are potential perils and pitfalls in doing so.
We spoke about the best practices and common mistakes around reporting on race and religion and what we need to know to do it right.
Free daily newsletter
- Facebook funds community journalists to gain NCTJ diplomas at UK universities
- Facebook trains 33 community journalists, empowering UK local newsrooms
- Value My News to help UK-based hyperlocal publishers monetise content
- Tool for journalists: Representation Matters, for royalty-free images that promote diversity
- How power and privilege shape communities