He explains the need for local reporters to break out of their comfort zones and into other British communities — but there are potential perils and pitfalls in doing so.
We spoke about the best practices and common mistakes around reporting on race and religion and what we need to know to do it right.
Free daily newsletter
- Value My News to help UK-based hyperlocal publishers monetise content
- Tool for journalists: Representation Matters, for royalty-free images that promote diversity
- How power and privilege shape communities
- UK journalists often fall into 'us v them' trap when covering BAME communities
- Eight newsroom beats you did not know covered climate change