The introduction of the Investigatory Powers Bill on 1 March 2016 has provided a new framework to "govern the use and oversight of investigatory powers by law enforcement and the security and intelligence agencies," but what does this mean for the work of investigative journalists?
This week's guests are Silkie Carlo, policy officer, Liberty and co-author of Information Security for Journalists, and Wendy Grossman, technology journalist, Infosecurity magazine, who explain how all journalists should be protecting themselves, their data and their sources in the digital age.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Refresh your social media strategy with this advice
- Is media's dependence on Facebook an unavoidable sacrifice on the altar of digital transition?
- The Everyday Projects challenge stereotypes through photography and Instagram communities
- Newsrewired throwback: Engagement is ‘about creating a party and making it rock’
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio