The introduction of the Investigatory Powers Bill on 1 March 2016 has provided a new framework to "govern the use and oversight of investigatory powers by law enforcement and the security and intelligence agencies," but what does this mean for the work of investigative journalists?
This week's guests are Silkie Carlo, policy officer, Liberty and co-author of Information Security for Journalists, and Wendy Grossman, technology journalist, Infosecurity magazine, who explain how all journalists should be protecting themselves, their data and their sources in the digital age.
Free daily newsletter
- Report: Audiences are ditching Facebook for sharing news, favouring the ‘safe space’ of private messaging apps
- App for journalists: Workflow, for optimising everyday tasks
- App for journalists: Unfold, for creating personalised social media stories
- 'Don't make a video, make a format': Does your news organisation need to refresh its approach to video?
- Google's DNI Fund, Instagram and AR: Here's your weekly journalism news update