The introduction of the Investigatory Powers Bill on 1 March 2016 has provided a new framework to "govern the use and oversight of investigatory powers by law enforcement and the security and intelligence agencies," but what does this mean for the work of investigative journalists?
This week's guests are Silkie Carlo, policy officer, Liberty and co-author of Information Security for Journalists, and Wendy Grossman, technology journalist, Infosecurity magazine, who explain how all journalists should be protecting themselves, their data and their sources in the digital age.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here's how to share interview excerpts with Quotables
- For its first Facebook community, Bloomberg brought readers together to talk about personal finance
- Throwback Thursday: Citizen journalism, social media reporting and more media news of the past
- Tip: How to keep up with social media news
- Tip: Check out this advice for increasing social video training in your team