The introduction of the Investigatory Powers Bill on 1 March 2016 has provided a new framework to "govern the use and oversight of investigatory powers by law enforcement and the security and intelligence agencies," but what does this mean for the work of investigative journalists?
This week's guests are Silkie Carlo, policy officer, Liberty and co-author of Information Security for Journalists, and Wendy Grossman, technology journalist, Infosecurity magazine, who explain how all journalists should be protecting themselves, their data and their sources in the digital age.
Free daily newsletter
- Newsrewired throwback: Engagement is ‘about creating a party and making it rock’
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: Remember this advice for writing strong headlines for social media
- With AM to DM, BuzzFeed brings the morning news show to Twitter
- Tip: Catch up with all the social media news of September with this list