The introduction of the Investigatory Powers Bill on 1 March 2016 has provided a new framework to "govern the use and oversight of investigatory powers by law enforcement and the security and intelligence agencies," but what does this mean for the work of investigative journalists?
This week's guests are Silkie Carlo, policy officer, Liberty and co-author of Information Security for Journalists, and Wendy Grossman, technology journalist, Infosecurity magazine, who explain how all journalists should be protecting themselves, their data and their sources in the digital age.
Free daily newsletter
- How your news organisation can share Instagram Stories with a select audience
- How to cope with 'overwhelming' information in your newsroom
- 3 Instagram Story hacks that you might not have known existed
- Tip: Check out these resources for journalists interested in social media
- Tip: Take note of these digital security tips every journalist needs to know