At a time when there is so much happening outside of the newsroom and in our personal lives, leaders have the added challenge of delivering the right support to their teams.
In this week's podcast, we talk to Sisi Wei, director of programs for Open News, community of developers, designers and journalists working to make journalism more inclusive and equitable.
She explains some of the barriers her community members face in breaking into the industry, and what newsroom leaders can do the address these problems.
It starts with the hiring process but does not end there. Once reporters are through the door, they need to feel welcome and respected. Listen to this episode for concrete tips on how to make this happen.
1/ 🙌🏼 OpenNews is proud to announce that we’re co-creating — with the journalism community already doing or wanting to do this work — two digital *organizing* spaces.https://t.co/CmIK7QFryg— OpenNews (@opennews) July 21, 2020
Free daily newsletter
- Julie Posetti: post-pandemic journalism will be 'more mission-driven, public service-focused, and audience-centred'
- How membership models give independent publications the creative freedom to thrive
- Diversity helps the media to regain trust of new generation of news audiences
- UK publisher GRV Media just had its best quarter ever despite the pandemic
- Why seven hyperlocal magazines merged to make it through lockdown