At a time when there is so much happening outside of the newsroom and in our personal lives, leaders have the added challenge of delivering the right support to their teams.
In this week's podcast, we talk to Sisi Wei, director of programs for Open News, community of developers, designers and journalists working to make journalism more inclusive and equitable.
She explains some of the barriers her community members face in breaking into the industry, and what newsroom leaders can do the address these problems.
It starts with the hiring process but does not end there. Once reporters are through the door, they need to feel welcome and respected. Listen to this episode for concrete tips on how to make this happen.
1/ 🙌🏼 OpenNews is proud to announce that we’re co-creating — with the journalism community already doing or wanting to do this work — two digital *organizing* spaces.https://t.co/CmIK7QFryg— OpenNews (@opennews) July 21, 2020
Free daily newsletter
- Lars Jensen, team lead audience at Berlingske Media, on making organisational change stick
- New playbook to help publishers boost content strategy
- How Ruben Reuter challenges disability prejudice in the media industry
- Predictions for journalism 2024: audience-first strategies, formats and products
- Predictions for journalism 2024: newsroom leadership and strategy