SMART News Agency released its third virtual reality experience from Syria on 15 June. Called Nobel's Nightmare, the video looks at how civilian areas are affected by the war.
In this week's podcast, co-founder Chamsy Sarkis explains the logistical challenges of working with virtual reality in Syria, and why the agency is undertaking this task.
Warning: This podcast includes content some listeners may find distressing.
Free daily newsletter
- New project Asia’s Ailing Heritage aims to make interactive virtual reality more accessible
- Why news organisations need to work together to deliver the potential of virtual reality
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for avoiding spherical video mistakes
- Feel the emotion: Live storytelling tips from The Moth
- Why publishers should take measures to prevent a moral panic over virtual reality