SMART News Agency released its third virtual reality experience from Syria on 15 June. Called Nobel's Nightmare, the video looks at how civilian areas are affected by the war.
In this week's podcast, co-founder Chamsy Sarkis explains the logistical challenges of working with virtual reality in Syria, and why the agency is undertaking this task.
Warning: This podcast includes content some listeners may find distressing.
Free daily newsletter
- From pub basement to the News Building: The free London meetup helping journalists learn to code
- Why political journalism is in need of new approaches and innovation
- The Guardian's latest virtual reality experience shows viewers what life in the UK is like for asylum seekers
- Journalism 360 Challenge funds 11 projects that explore best practices for immersive storytelling in news
- Google funds 107 projects in the third round of the Digital News Initiative Fund