SMART News Agency released its third virtual reality experience from Syria on 15 June. Called Nobel's Nightmare, the video looks at how civilian areas are affected by the war.
In this week's podcast, co-founder Chamsy Sarkis explains the logistical challenges of working with virtual reality in Syria, and why the agency is undertaking this task.
Warning: This podcast includes content some listeners may find distressing.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab built an audio player to make podcast listening on mobile more interactive
- How audio journalism can boost engagement
- BBC's VR Hub launches its first news documentary to explore the water politics of the river Nile