SMART News Agency released its third virtual reality experience from Syria on 15 June. Called Nobel's Nightmare, the video looks at how civilian areas are affected by the war.
In this week's podcast, co-founder Chamsy Sarkis explains the logistical challenges of working with virtual reality in Syria, and why the agency is undertaking this task.
Warning: This podcast includes content some listeners may find distressing.
Free daily newsletter
- New podcast The Tip Off aims to take listeners behind the scenes of investigative journalism in the UK
- How the Swedish Radio digital task force works with the newsroom
- Tip: Check out this advice for improving your voice on air
- The Guardian uses research in neural development to let audiences see through the eyes of infants
- Latest virtual reality project from the Guardian lets viewers experience the first year of life