What content works well on social media? What motivates people to share? In this week's podcast we look at how publishers are tapping into people's emotions and engaging online audiences in new ways.
Our guests this week:
- Jim Waterson, deputy editor of BuzzFeed UK
- Sue Llewellyn, former BBC reporter turned social media consultant and trainer, founder of UltraSocial
Journalism.co.uk is running two training programmes – 'mastering social media: from Twitter to Instagram' with Adam Tinworth and 'social media content strategies' with Sue Llewelyn – in the coming weeks.
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to our podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Ombuds: Using Bitcoin to make online messages 'immutable'
- First speakers announced for news:rewired 'in focus' event on newsgathering and verification
- Quality over quantity: How to make LinkedIn work for you
- 'OMG! I have to tell you!' – The social science of sharing
- How 5 news outlets are finding success with podcasts