What content works well on social media? What motivates people to share? In this week's podcast we look at how publishers are tapping into people's emotions and engaging online audiences in new ways.
Our guests this week:
- Jim Waterson, deputy editor of BuzzFeed UK
- Sue Llewellyn, former BBC reporter turned social media consultant and trainer, founder of UltraSocial
Journalism.co.uk is running two training programmes – 'mastering social media: from Twitter to Instagram' with Adam Tinworth and 'social media content strategies' with Sue Llewelyn – in the coming weeks.
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to our podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Advice from 24 news organisations to help you tailor your story pitches
- With AM to DM, BuzzFeed brings the morning news show to Twitter
- Reuters Institute report highlights UK readers' behaviours on desktop when news breaks, and the 3 news brands that come on top
- Reuters Institute report prompts optimism about readers' appreciation of journalism
- Fresh, fun and irreverent: How BuzzFeed engaged millennials in the UK election with two Facebook Lives