What content works well on social media? What motivates people to share? In this week's podcast we look at how publishers are tapping into people's emotions and engaging online audiences in new ways.
Our guests this week:
- Jim Waterson, deputy editor of BuzzFeed UK
- Sue Llewellyn, former BBC reporter turned social media consultant and trainer, founder of UltraSocial
Journalism.co.uk is running two training programmes – 'mastering social media: from Twitter to Instagram' with Adam Tinworth and 'social media content strategies' with Sue Llewelyn – in the coming weeks.
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to our podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- What the media can learn from coverage of the Paris attacks
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for covering natural disasters
- 'No matter how fast you move, it is not fast enough' – Q&A with Stacy-Marie Ishmael
- BuzzFeed News app launches on Android with 'do not disturb' mode and emoji
- Ombuds: Using Bitcoin to make online messages 'immutable'