What content works well on social media? What motivates people to share? In this week's podcast we look at how publishers are tapping into people's emotions and engaging online audiences in new ways.
Our guests this week:
- Jim Waterson, deputy editor of BuzzFeed UK
- Sue Llewellyn, former BBC reporter turned social media consultant and trainer, founder of UltraSocial
Journalism.co.uk is running two training programmes – 'mastering social media: from Twitter to Instagram' with Adam Tinworth and 'social media content strategies' with Sue Llewelyn – in the coming weeks.
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to our podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- 6 tips to prepare your newsroom for live video on social media
- How BBC News is experimenting with Instagram Stories to engage younger audiences
- Advice from 10 news organisations to help you tailor your story pitches
- What can legacy publishers learn from digital pure players?
- RISJ: Traditional news brands act as anchors, while digital-only players tend to be seen as additional sources