The January transfer window is a month that football fans look forward to because it is one of two periods in the year where their club can buy and sell players.
It is a hectic month for football clubs as they approach the business end of the season and may want to shore up their squads. But it is equally hectic for those in the media as there are many rumours going around and it is often hard to tell the truth from speculation.
In this week's podcast, we are joined by Mark McAdam, sports broadcaster, Sky Sports News. He reflects on the stand-out stories from last month and reveals how reporters hear of potential transfer news stories.
McAdam also talks about how teams work collaboratively to piece together different leads and build an accurate picture of whether the move is on before going to air.
The #TransferTalk panel analyse the imminent deal to take Gedson Fernandes to #THFC, but believe there are 'question marks' about the Portugal midfielder. 🇵🇹— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) January 13, 2020
Follow updates on Gedson Fernandes' potential move to the Premier League and more here... https://t.co/1AxjMQ5rqO pic.twitter.com/hJpxTyubGt
Free daily newsletter
- Nadine Ajaka of The Washington Post on the visual forensics team
- Foreign journalists can write in English, thank you very much
- What can be done to create more viable routes into journalism?
- Five questions for every newsroom to ask themselves on World Press Freedom Day
- Tip: Spotting mis- and disinformation from Ukraine