Podcasting is 10 years old this year and has proved itself to be a thriving medium and a hotbed of innovation, used by everyone from big news organisations to individual journalists.
But who's doing well, and what can we learn from them? How do you start out? And what do you need to be thinking about if you want to get it right?
We speak to:
- Helen Zaltzman, co-founder, Answer Me This podcast and organiser of the London Podcast Clinic
- Jon Moonie, producer,Watford FC podcast From The Rookery End
- Colin Gray, director, The Podcast Host
- Viv Oyolu, podcast consultant, Audio Byte
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes feed.
Free daily newsletter
- ‘I became a journalist aged 31, as a single parent and a woman of colour’
- Weekly journalism news update: education, audience engagement and expert sound design
- Five tips for building an audience for your podcast
- App for journalists: Curio, for turning text articles into audio files
- The Sista Collective: a BBC podcast that puts BAME women at the heart of key conversations