The theme of this year's relay, hosted by California State University, Fresno, is solutions journalism. The project gives students a chance to establish connections with journalists in different countries, and learn new skills that might not otherwise be taught on their course.
In this podcast, Journalism.co.uk speaks to Faith Sidlow, assistant professor, broadcast journalism at California State University, Fresno, to find out more about the work that it takes to get the newscast on air, and the stories the students are tackling.
Free daily newsletter
- Inside 3 organisations' approach to community-minded journalism
- Emotion and identity: Why journalists should cover the wider context behind memes
- Global council launches to document and connect initiatives fighting mis- and disinformation
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects
- Six newsletters in six weeks: How The Telegraph is building a new strategy