The theme of this year's relay, hosted by California State University, Fresno, is solutions journalism. The project gives students a chance to establish connections with journalists in different countries, and learn new skills that might not otherwise be taught on their course.
In this podcast, Journalism.co.uk speaks to Faith Sidlow, assistant professor, broadcast journalism at California State University, Fresno, to find out more about the work that it takes to get the newscast on air, and the stories the students are tackling.
Free daily newsletter
- How WikiTribune is aiming to combat trust issues in journalism
- #newsrw: How to follow along with today's newsrewired event
- The Trust Project launches transparency standards to help readers identify reliable news sources
- BBC #newsHACK: Where journalists and developers collaborate on solutions to the media industry's challenges
- How BBC #newsHACK is driving innovation in news delivery