The theme of this year's relay, hosted by California State University, Fresno, is solutions journalism. The project gives students a chance to establish connections with journalists in different countries, and learn new skills that might not otherwise be taught on their course.
In this podcast, Journalism.co.uk speaks to Faith Sidlow, assistant professor, broadcast journalism at California State University, Fresno, to find out more about the work that it takes to get the newscast on air, and the stories the students are tackling.
Free daily newsletter
- Two years in, the Boston Institute for Nonprofit Journalism is helping other community outlets develop membership programmes
- Landing your dream internship: 3 tips from WSJ’s Ryan Knutson
- Google funds 107 projects in the third round of the Digital News Initiative Fund
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for telling captivating audio stories
- Reach, skills and 'feet on the ground': Benefits for local and national newsrooms to collaborate on stories