The theme of this year's relay, hosted by California State University, Fresno, is solutions journalism. The project gives students a chance to establish connections with journalists in different countries, and learn new skills that might not otherwise be taught on their course.
In this podcast, Journalism.co.uk speaks to Faith Sidlow, assistant professor, broadcast journalism at California State University, Fresno, to find out more about the work that it takes to get the newscast on air, and the stories the students are tackling.
Free daily newsletter
- Quartz is partnering with a local newspaper in Texas to investigate the effects of climate change
- 5 tips for getting started with making a podcast musical
- With its Story Lab, NPR is working to 'evolve the sound of public radio'
- NewsNow started a petition against the proposed publisher's right in EU copyright law
- 'Sound is the totem': Inside the podcast musical 36 Questions