The theme of this year's relay, hosted by California State University, Fresno, is solutions journalism. The project gives students a chance to establish connections with journalists in different countries, and learn new skills that might not otherwise be taught on their course.
In this podcast, Journalism.co.uk speaks to Faith Sidlow, assistant professor, broadcast journalism at California State University, Fresno, to find out more about the work that it takes to get the newscast on air, and the stories the students are tackling.
Free daily newsletter
- Through cross-border collaborations, Outriders is trying to reinvent the role of foreign correspondents
- Feel the emotion: Live storytelling tips from The Moth
- New Internationalist crowdfunds more than £700,000 to provide 'a more compelling and complete view of the world'
- 4 approaches to building collaborative data infrastructures for journalism
- Just be human: How The Moth works with its community to tell stories live