The theme of this year's relay, hosted by California State University, Fresno, is solutions journalism. The project gives students a chance to establish connections with journalists in different countries, and learn new skills that might not otherwise be taught on their course.
In this podcast, Journalism.co.uk speaks to Faith Sidlow, assistant professor, broadcast journalism at California State University, Fresno, to find out more about the work that it takes to get the newscast on air, and the stories the students are tackling.
Free daily newsletter
- The Humanitarian News Research Network aims to help journalists and communications teams improve their work
- One day, 5 cities, 160 people: Inside the Bureau Local's investigation into local budgets
- Tip: You can now shape future cooperation between journalists and funders
- How the Bureau Local collaborated with more than 160 people in five UK cities to investigate local budget proposals
- CAST: A project building a community news network in Armenia trialled an alternative to expensive mobile data