As the fifth Community Manager Appreciation Day approaches, we asked community managers at international, national and regional news outlets to share their tips for community engagement and building stronger relationships with your audience.
The podcast includes tips for engaging with your community both on and off-site, as well as pitfalls to avoid.
We hear from:
- Bassey Etim, community manager, The New York Times
- Nick Petrie, deputy head of news development, The Times and The Sunday Times
- Richard Moynihan, community and social media manager, Metro
- Helen Harper, head of audience and engagement, The Daily Post
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of this reporting advice from experienced journalists
- #newsrw: How to follow along with the latest newsrewired event
- Two years in, the Boston Institute for Nonprofit Journalism is helping other community outlets develop membership programmes
- The Listening Post Collective aims to help newsrooms have more meaningful conversations with their communities
- New podcast The Tip Off aims to take listeners behind the scenes of investigative journalism in the UK