As the fifth Community Manager Appreciation Day approaches, we asked community managers at international, national and regional news outlets to share their tips for community engagement and building stronger relationships with your audience.
The podcast includes tips for engaging with your community both on and off-site, as well as pitfalls to avoid.
We hear from:
- Bassey Etim, community manager, The New York Times
- Nick Petrie, deputy head of news development, The Times and The Sunday Times
- Richard Moynihan, community and social media manager, Metro
- Helen Harper, head of audience and engagement, The Daily Post
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- How news organisations can make memberships work
- New platform Gather aims to connect and support journalists working in community engagement
- City Bureau is bringing journalists and communities together to encourage civic participation
- Throwback Thursday: What media stories made headlines in August 2010 and why?
- How a Vox reporter uses social audiences to inspire his latest video series