As the fifth Community Manager Appreciation Day approaches, we asked community managers at international, national and regional news outlets to share their tips for community engagement and building stronger relationships with your audience.
The podcast includes tips for engaging with your community both on and off-site, as well as pitfalls to avoid.
We hear from:
- Bassey Etim, community manager, The New York Times
- Nick Petrie, deputy head of news development, The Times and The Sunday Times
- Richard Moynihan, community and social media manager, Metro
- Helen Harper, head of audience and engagement, The Daily Post
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- New podcast The Tip Off aims to take listeners behind the scenes of investigative journalism in the UK
- Tip: Bookmark these suggestions to engage a more diverse audience
- Highlight your expertise and be there to listen: The dos and don'ts of building trust with readers on Facebook
- Inside Metro's mobile app strategy
- 'Directing our lens at the room': How the FT uses comments and reader call-outs to engage with the audience