As the fifth Community Manager Appreciation Day approaches, we asked community managers at international, national and regional news outlets to share their tips for community engagement and building stronger relationships with your audience.
The podcast includes tips for engaging with your community both on and off-site, as well as pitfalls to avoid.
We hear from:
- Bassey Etim, community manager, The New York Times
- Nick Petrie, deputy head of news development, The Times and The Sunday Times
- Richard Moynihan, community and social media manager, Metro
- Helen Harper, head of audience and engagement, The Daily Post
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Podcasts, eyewitness media and new models in digital publishing: Highlights from newsrewired
- 3 challenges The Bristol Cable faces as it continues to grow
- How Note to Self crowdsourced stories about information overload from 30,000 people
- Tip: Here's how to get your audience involved in crowdsourcing projects
- New research sheds light on the behaviour of commenters on NYT website