As the fifth Community Manager Appreciation Day approaches, we asked community managers at international, national and regional news outlets to share their tips for community engagement and building stronger relationships with your audience.
The podcast includes tips for engaging with your community both on and off-site, as well as pitfalls to avoid.
We hear from:
- Bassey Etim, community manager, The New York Times
- Nick Petrie, deputy head of news development, The Times and The Sunday Times
- Richard Moynihan, community and social media manager, Metro
- Helen Harper, head of audience and engagement, The Daily Post
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- The New York Times to launch virtual reality app
- What 3 publishers have learned from their approach to paywalls
- ABC: Guardian and Indy daily web traffic grows, other titles struggle in September
- New open source tool to help reporters rethink quotes in stories
- How The Coral Project aims to rethink community