As the fifth Community Manager Appreciation Day approaches, we asked community managers at international, national and regional news outlets to share their tips for community engagement and building stronger relationships with your audience.
The podcast includes tips for engaging with your community both on and off-site, as well as pitfalls to avoid.
We hear from:
- Bassey Etim, community manager, The New York Times
- Nick Petrie, deputy head of news development, The Times and The Sunday Times
- Richard Moynihan, community and social media manager, Metro
- Helen Harper, head of audience and engagement, The Daily Post
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Inside Metro's mobile app strategy
- 'Directing our lens at the room': How the FT uses comments and reader call-outs to engage with the audience
- New podcast produced in partnership with NYT presents 'journalism disguised as a game show'
- The New York Times aims to make 360-degree video part of the 'daily news report'
- Tip: Remember these lessons in community engagement to make your stories more relevant to your patch