As the fifth Community Manager Appreciation Day approaches, we asked community managers at international, national and regional news outlets to share their tips for community engagement and building stronger relationships with your audience.
The podcast includes tips for engaging with your community both on and off-site, as well as pitfalls to avoid.
We hear from:
- Bassey Etim, community manager, The New York Times
- Nick Petrie, deputy head of news development, The Times and The Sunday Times
- Richard Moynihan, community and social media manager, Metro
- Helen Harper, head of audience and engagement, The Daily Post
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- What's it like being a motor racing correspondent? Q&A with Kevin Eason of The Times
- ABC: UK titles' daily web traffic drops across the board in December
- 'You learn by collaborating with colleagues, not by strategising alone' – Q&A with The Economist's Denise Law
- ABC: Daily traffic to UK titles soars during news-heavy November
- Dutch pay-per-article platform Blendle to launch in the United States in early 2016