As the fifth Community Manager Appreciation Day approaches, we asked community managers at international, national and regional news outlets to share their tips for community engagement and building stronger relationships with your audience.
The podcast includes tips for engaging with your community both on and off-site, as well as pitfalls to avoid.
We hear from:
- Bassey Etim, community manager, The New York Times
- Nick Petrie, deputy head of news development, The Times and The Sunday Times
- Richard Moynihan, community and social media manager, Metro
- Helen Harper, head of audience and engagement, The Daily Post
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Don’t just shut the door: What publishers can do to combat ad-blocking
- Tools and tips for engagement and crowdsourcing stories from #IJF16
- 'Your competitors are not who you think they are' – Q&A with NYT's Andrew Phelps
- What's it like being a motor racing correspondent? Q&A with Kevin Eason of The Times
- ABC: UK titles' daily web traffic drops across the board in December