Online communities provide a fantastic opportunity for journalists looking to network with each other, share tips and advice, find story ideas and get rid of any isolation that might come with working on individual projects from home.
In this week's podcast we will be looking at how these online communities can benefit everyone within the journalism industry, from student journalists to those that are highly experienced, whether freelance or in a permanent position.
This week's guests are:
- Susan Grossman, journalist, coach and mentor, JournoAnswers
- Livia Albeck-Ripka, freelance journalist
- Ivan Lajara, life editor, Daily Freeman and founder #dfmchat
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Al Jazeera's latest virtual reality project immerses viewers with animated art
- Tip: Bookmark these resources for planning digital initiatives in the newsroom
- With a tool called Amplify, the Reveal podcast is tapping into listeners' desire to dig deeper into stories
- Quartz is partnering with a local newspaper in Texas to investigate the effects of climate change