Online communities provide a fantastic opportunity for journalists looking to network with each other, share tips and advice, find story ideas and get rid of any isolation that might come with working on individual projects from home.
In this week's podcast we will be looking at how these online communities can benefit everyone within the journalism industry, from student journalists to those that are highly experienced, whether freelance or in a permanent position.
This week's guests are:
- Susan Grossman, journalist, coach and mentor, JournoAnswers
- Livia Albeck-Ripka, freelance journalist
- Ivan Lajara, life editor, Daily Freeman and founder #dfmchat
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- 'The ability to adapt a tool is more important than the ability to use it': Making open source sustainable
- Today, Explained: A look at Vox's daily news explainer podcast
- The Engaged Journalism Accelerator will focus on sustainability in European independent newsrooms
- Engaged Journalism Accelerator launches with €600,000 grant programme