Online communities provide a fantastic opportunity for journalists looking to network with each other, share tips and advice, find story ideas and get rid of any isolation that might come with working on individual projects from home.
In this week's podcast we will be looking at how these online communities can benefit everyone within the journalism industry, from student journalists to those that are highly experienced, whether freelance or in a permanent position.
This week's guests are:
- Susan Grossman, journalist, coach and mentor, JournoAnswers
- Livia Albeck-Ripka, freelance journalist
- Ivan Lajara, life editor, Daily Freeman and founder #dfmchat
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab built an audio player to make podcast listening on mobile more interactive
- How audio journalism can boost engagement
- Seattle's KUOW is hosting 'Ask A...' conversations to foster empathy and understanding between communities