Online communities provide a fantastic opportunity for journalists looking to network with each other, share tips and advice, find story ideas and get rid of any isolation that might come with working on individual projects from home.
In this week's podcast we will be looking at how these online communities can benefit everyone within the journalism industry, from student journalists to those that are highly experienced, whether freelance or in a permanent position.
This week's guests are:
- Susan Grossman, journalist, coach and mentor, JournoAnswers
- Livia Albeck-Ripka, freelance journalist
- Ivan Lajara, life editor, Daily Freeman and founder #dfmchat
Free daily newsletter
- How publishers can get their community back from social media
- What influences people's decisions about trusting and engaging with news?
- Tip: Here's how to identify and fix issues when working with audio
- TLS sees an opportunity for growth in longform, subscription-based journalism
- How WNYC's Note to Self worked with its audience to start a conversation about digital privacy