Online communities provide a fantastic opportunity for journalists looking to network with each other, share tips and advice, find story ideas and get rid of any isolation that might come with working on individual projects from home.
In this week's podcast we will be looking at how these online communities can benefit everyone within the journalism industry, from student journalists to those that are highly experienced, whether freelance or in a permanent position.
This week's guests are:
- Susan Grossman, journalist, coach and mentor, JournoAnswers
- Livia Albeck-Ripka, freelance journalist
- Ivan Lajara, life editor, Daily Freeman and founder #dfmchat
Free daily newsletter
- From pub basement to the News Building: The free London meetup helping journalists learn to code
- Why political journalism is in need of new approaches and innovation
- Otherworld aims to make local news and events relevant through location-based storytelling
- #newsrw: How to follow along with the latest newsrewired event
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for telling captivating audio stories