So what are some of the advantages for newsrooms, big and small, working together on editorial initiatives? What can local news outlets offer to national titles, and the other way around?
In this week's podcast we speak to digital media consultant Tim Griggs, who recently researched local and national collaborations for the Center for Cooperative Media at Montclair State University, about the best ways to approach editorial partnerships and the different types of collaborations that can happen between organisations.
Free daily newsletter
- Weekly journalism news update: design thinking, mobile journalism for local news and UK data units
- 'Unbias the news': Lack of diversity in journalism can lead to newsrooms missing out on important stories
- Newsrooms have five years to embrace artificial intelligence or they risk becoming irrelevant
- How can large-scale investigations work without driving journalists to the point of burnout?
- Jenni Sargent, managing director at First Draft, on language around false claims, reaching sceptical audiences and collaboration