So what are some of the advantages for newsrooms, big and small, working together on editorial initiatives? What can local news outlets offer to national titles, and the other way around?
In this week's podcast we speak to digital media consultant Tim Griggs, who recently researched local and national collaborations for the Center for Cooperative Media at Montclair State University, about the best ways to approach editorial partnerships and the different types of collaborations that can happen between organisations.
Free daily newsletter
- Two years in, the Boston Institute for Nonprofit Journalism is helping other community outlets develop membership programmes
- Google funds 107 projects in the third round of the Digital News Initiative Fund
- Tasked with innovation research, the APA-medialab goes from idea to prototype in five days
- Reuters Institute report prompts optimism about readers' appreciation of journalism
- Reach, skills and 'feet on the ground': Benefits for local and national newsrooms to collaborate on stories