So what are some of the advantages for newsrooms, big and small, working together on editorial initiatives? What can local news outlets offer to national titles, and the other way around?
In this week's podcast we speak to digital media consultant Tim Griggs, who recently researched local and national collaborations for the Center for Cooperative Media at Montclair State University, about the best ways to approach editorial partnerships and the different types of collaborations that can happen between organisations.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects
- Google launches News Initiative, investing $300 million to help publishers tackle subscriptions and misinformation
- 'You need to foster belonging, not exclusivity': Membership lessons from De Correspondent
- Tip: Learn from these insights into Quartz's newsletter strategy
- The Humanitarian News Research Network aims to help journalists and communications teams improve their work