In this week's episode of the Journalism.co.uk podcast, we hear from our panel at the latest newsrewired event, who discussed the state of political journalism today, after the ‘surprise’ factor in the result of the EU Referendum, the US election, and the UK general election.
They talked about how their news organisations are tackling the day-to-day goings on in Parliament and how they are innovating to cover the concerns of constituents in new and exciting ways.
Moderated by Christian Broughton, editor, The Independent, the panel consisted of:
Kate McCann, senior political correspondent, The Telegraph
Guy Faulconbridge, UK bureau chief, Reuters
Anushka Asthana, political editor, the Guardian
Free daily newsletter
- CAST: A project building a community news network in Armenia trialled an alternative to expensive mobile data
- 'Stories affect us when we're out in the field' – Al Jazeera English interviewed its own reporters for an experimental podcast series
- The first podcast from Al Jazeera English used 'privileged access conversations' to take audiences beyond the story
- The Telegraph takes on audio storytelling, with podcasts and news briefings on Alexa and Google Assistant
- Startups with innovative solutions for newsrooms can apply to global programme until 8 January