In this week's episode of the Journalism.co.uk podcast, we hear from our panel at the latest newsrewired event, who discussed the state of political journalism today, after the ‘surprise’ factor in the result of the EU Referendum, the US election, and the UK general election.
They talked about how their news organisations are tackling the day-to-day goings on in Parliament and how they are innovating to cover the concerns of constituents in new and exciting ways.
Moderated by Christian Broughton, editor, The Independent, the panel consisted of:
Kate McCann, senior political correspondent, The Telegraph
Guy Faulconbridge, UK bureau chief, Reuters
Anushka Asthana, political editor, the Guardian
Free daily newsletter
- From pub basement to the News Building: The free London meetup helping journalists learn to code
- Pop-Up Newsroom aims to unlock best practices for collaboration between news organisations and technology companies
- With its new project Hertz, Prisa Radio wants to make audio more discoverable online
- Impartiality and the BBC – 'broad balance' in a two-horse race
- Journalism versus lies and fake news: Time for a rethink