In this week's episode of the Journalism.co.uk podcast, we hear from our panel at the latest newsrewired event, who discussed the state of political journalism today, after the ‘surprise’ factor in the result of the EU Referendum, the US election, and the UK general election.
They talked about how their news organisations are tackling the day-to-day goings on in Parliament and how they are innovating to cover the concerns of constituents in new and exciting ways.
Moderated by Christian Broughton, editor, The Independent, the panel consisted of:
Kate McCann, senior political correspondent, The Telegraph
Guy Faulconbridge, UK bureau chief, Reuters
Anushka Asthana, political editor, the Guardian
Free daily newsletter
- Prothom Alo is building the largest mobile journalism network in Bangladesh
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Media's focus on technology tends to be short-term, shows survey
- Al Jazeera's latest virtual reality project immerses viewers with animated art
- Tip: Bookmark these resources for planning digital initiatives in the newsroom