In this week's podcast, we speak with Emmanuel Yegon, a 4th-year student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communication in Moi University in Kenya.
Along with his friend Marvin Gakunyi, he is aiming to help inspire fellow students to not only tell stories with their phones, but to teach them about digital safety and how their smartphones will change the way they work in the future.
The conference, which took place on 27 July, saw speakers from the continent share advice and tips on using mobile phones and platforms to share stories. It is part of their plan to form a large mobile journalism community in Africa, who can post their work online, telling stories that may have gone previously untold.
Free daily newsletter
- Empowering the next generation at BBC Young Reporter
- How your news organisation can share Instagram Stories with a select audience
- Tip: Try these 9 types of mobile visual storytelling
- 3 Instagram Story hacks that you might not have known existed
- Five ways the BBC will boost its audience engagement in 2019