In this week's podcast, we speak with Emmanuel Yegon, a 4th-year student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communication in Moi University in Kenya.
Along with his friend Marvin Gakunyi, he is aiming to help inspire fellow students to not only tell stories with their phones, but to teach them about digital safety and how their smartphones will change the way they work in the future.
The conference, which took place on 27 July, saw speakers from the continent share advice and tips on using mobile phones and platforms to share stories. It is part of their plan to form a large mobile journalism community in Africa, who can post their work online, telling stories that may have gone previously untold.
Free daily newsletter
- Trust in news, membership models and Gen Z: here is your weekly journalism update
- App for journalists: Mojo, for creating stand-out Instagram and Facebook Stories
- 10 must-join Facebook groups for journalists
- LumaFusion 2.0: a mobile journalism 101
- Digital News Report, #GENSummit and mobile journalism apps: here is your weekly journalism news update