In this week's podcast, we speak with Emmanuel Yegon, a 4th-year student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communication in Moi University in Kenya.
Along with his friend Marvin Gakunyi, he is aiming to help inspire fellow students to not only tell stories with their phones, but to teach them about digital safety and how their smartphones will change the way they work in the future.
The conference, which took place on 27 July, saw speakers from the continent share advice and tips on using mobile phones and platforms to share stories. It is part of their plan to form a large mobile journalism community in Africa, who can post their work online, telling stories that may have gone previously untold.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Seven smartphone apps for photo editing
- Bangladeshi reporters now have a mobile journalism guide written in their mother tongue
- Archant embraces mobile journalism to cover local news stories
- Tip: How to include audio in your mobile screen recording
- Tip: How to introduce reporters to mobile journalism