For the second year running, leading car hire comparison website CarrentalsUK has teamed up with the charity StreetSmart for another ‘Book and Donate’ campaign. The first two donate days in November, 4th and 26th, have raised over £200 already and there are still days in both December and January to come.
The ‘Book and Donate’ days, of which there are two a month for three consecutive months, means that Carrentals.co.uk will donate £1 for every booking made on its site to StreetSmart. Launched in 1998, the charity has raised and distributed over £5.5 million to a range of causes, including education and training initiatives, supported housing and health projects.
Gareth Robinson, Managing Director of Carrentals.co.uk, said: "Our two ‘Book and Donate’ days in November have gone really well and we have already raised £211. With two still to come in both December and January next year we are hoping for a great total for the charity. I’d like to urge anyone booking car hire in the next couple of months to take part in the days where possible, as you will be contributing to such a worthwhile cause."
StreetSmart runs a number of campaigns every year, including working in partnership with well-known restaurants across the UK, such as Nobu, The Groucho Club and Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, who add a voluntary £1 donation to the bottom of each table bill. All of the donations are then distributed nationally across its charity projects.
The next ‘Book and Donate’ days for Carrentals.co.uk will be 4th and 18th December 2012, followed by the final dates, 8th and 22nd January 2013.
Carrentals.co.uk is the UK’s leading car rental comparison site, comparing deals from up to 50 rental companies including Alamo, Auto Europe, Budget, Holiday Autos and Sixt, in over 15,000 locations worldwide.
To compare the best car hire deals visit www.carrentals.co.uk
Carrentals.co.uk is one of the UK’s leading car hire comparison website, and celebrated its 5th birthday as a comparator in February 2012. Last year, the company achieved record sales, despite the challenging economic climate.
Searching up to 50 different car hire suppliers, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, Holiday Autos and Sixt, Carrentals.co.uk provides an impartial comparison of the best prices available in over 15,000 locations worldwide.
Customers can also book with Carrentals.co.uk through the Android and iPhone mobile apps launched in 2011 and also through the comparator’s Facebook page.
To book or for further information visit www.carrentals.co.uk
- Contact Name:
- Jenni Livesley & Cara Churchman
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01625 511966
- Contact Fax:
- 01625 511967
Related press releases
- Are you ready to take on entrepreneurship full time? Asks Jessie Hughes of Altitude Acquisitions
- Risk of a one-billion dollar claim
- Iconic Event Strategies travels to London to meet industry's rising stars
- 'Focus on building relationships on your entrepreneurial journey', claims Concilio Solutions
- Alpha Innova reveals how to survive the first year on entrepreneurship
- business / economics business / economics feed
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed