GEN News Summit isn’t your typical conference, consisting of a dynamic programme with the following highlights:
- The Drone Journalism Boot Camp: The boot camp is designed to give participants extensive knowledge of the capabilities of drone journalism from editorial, business, and legal perspectives.
- GEN News Hackathon: Teams from Argentina, Austria, Egypt, France, Germany, India, and the United States will compete in the final stage of the Editors’ Lab hackdays tournament.
- Data Journalism Awards Ceremony: The international competition recognising outstanding work in the growing field of data journalism. A total of 15,000 euros (around $19,000) will be awarded to six winning projects
- ONA Paris Workshops: In its European debut, the Online News Association will is hosting six workshops on disrupting the newsroom, giving you the right tools for building your online digital strategy.
- The EJN Conference: Organised with the Ethical Journalism Network, this portion of the GEN News Summit provides much-needed guidance on how to set standards and keep them high in the new age of journalism.￼￼￼￼￼
- Reinventing Storytelling
- Inside HuffPost Live
- Exclusive Launch of the Reuters Institute Digital News Report 2013
- Keynote Discussion: Our vision of news in 2020
- Michael Maness, Vice President for Journalism and Media Innovation, Knight Foundation
- Natalie Nougayrède, Editor-in-Chief, LeMonde
- When Theory meets Numbers meets Media
- Are Facebook, Twitter and Apple good or bad for journalism? Yes.
Don’t miss your opportunity to network with the leading innovators in today’s media landscape. Register online today and reserve your place at the GEN News Summit!
Related press releases
- Penmex Return from business trip to Poland and implement ‘urgent sales strategy’
- Strategic Five Marketing travel to Poland for European leadership event
- Monitoring your data centre has never been this easy
- New generation of entrepreneurs riding UK’s economic recovery
- AbilityNet launches RSI workplace survey
- business / economics business / economics feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- education / training education / training feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- science / technology science / technology feed