"Newsroom executives around the world are all struggling with the perfect storm of limited budgets and rapidly evolving content models which require experimentation and uncertainty," explained GEN CEO, Bertrand Pecquerie. "GENʼs goal is to limit this experimentation and uncertainty by providing executives with the knowledge and the tools they need to hit the ground running with new forms of content across all platforms. NEWS! is the most important forum for these executives."
At NEWS!, representatives of the most recognized media titles including the BBC, The New York Times, India Today, CNN, Al Jazeera, Russia Today, and many more will gather to share their experiences with news content experimentation. To compliment these experiments, GEN has organized a unique conference in NEWS!. Features include:
- The Cross Media Idea Generator: 50 of the best content examples curated, packaged and delivered in short spurts to give executives maximum exposure to new ideas
- Startups for News: the worldʼs first competition for media-dedicated startups. NEWS! delegates will elect the best startups based on their pitches.
- Data Journalism Awards: the first recognition of this growing and crucial trend in journalism. The Data Journalism Awards have been organized in conjunction with Google and the European Journalism Centre.
- The Editors Lab: an incubator for new editorial projects within GEN. At NEWS!, the first product, LiveDesk, a white-label live blogging tool, will be presented at NEWS!
- McKinsey exclusive report: the prestigious consulting firm will present its findings of “Next Generation Media: how digital consumption turns news consumers into e-readers”
GEN President and Deputy Director of El Pais, Xavier Vidal-Folch, remarked that, “The combination of great speakers, distinguished delegates and a novel programme makes NEWS! a truly innovative event and a must-attend for all newsroom executives seeking to drive the evolution of their multimedia content. Weʼre looking forward to welcoming our executive colleagues in Paris.”
For all enquiries please contact John Burke, GEN Business Development Director at
firstname.lastname@example.org or +33 1 53 01 14 03.
About GEN: Founded in 2011, the Global Editors Network (GEN) is the first non-profit, non-governmental association that brings together editors-in-chief and senior news executives from all platforms: print, digital, mobile and broadcast. By breaking down the barriers between traditional and new media, GEN aims to define an open journalism model for the future and to create new journalistic concepts and tools.
14, rue des Minimes 75003 Paris France
- Contact Name:
- John Burke
- Global Editors Network
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- Class of 2015 graduates have 16% more jobs to choose from than last year
- Hyperoptic scoops “Best Superfast Broadband” ISPA award for third year running
- Opace reveals why infographics should be a core internet marketing strategy for businesses in 2015
- Mazonai exceeds sales expectationsby 16%
- Colemans-ctts Solicitors hosts complimentary employment breakfast seminar