This year’s Aintree festival will see record prize money of £2,275,000 across the three days with 13 of the 21 races seeing a big boost in prize funds.
The John Smith’s Aintree Hurdle has been switched from the usual Saturday slot to Thursday, April 4th. The prize fund has been raised by £40,000 to a mouthwatering £200,000. Likewise, the Grade One John Smith’s Melling Chase has also seen the prize fund increased to £200,000 which is an increase of £25,000 on 2012.
In terms of ticket sales for the 2013 Grand National a number of areas are already sold out. The Aintree Racecourse website reports that there is limited availability across all three days, but a sell-out is now likely. The course hosted a Grand National launch party last Thursday that was well attended by invited guests and press alike.
At the time of writing, On His Own is the 9/1 bookmakers favourite to win the Grand National. In recent weeks Twitter and several online betting sites have been listing their Grand National Tips for 2013, but it is early days to be putting forward potential winners for the world’s biggest horse race.
The Grand National will take place on Saturday, April 6th, and will be shown live on BBC 1.
- Contact Name:
- Paul Speakman
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- Privilege Promotions outlines how to keep on the ball when travelling
- EQesque reveals 6 things every entrepreneur should prepare for
- EA Worldwide Acquisitions believes digital marketing lacks imagination
- Interactive infographic puts the UK heart disease epidemic into perspective
- Breaking news: Piqued Jacks to open for the fabulous 'Interpol'