Dane Coletta, director of luxury watch specialist Dream Watches, called the luxurious anniversary watch a ‘stunning piece’ and ‘one of the nicest I’ve seen this year’.
First introduced in 1963, the Rolex Daytona range was made famous by actor and motor racing enthusiast Paul Newman.
The watch's 50th anniversary has been marked this year with the launch of a first ‘prestigious edition’ of the Cosmograph Daytona that switches the usual steel case for one made entirely of platinum.
"The ambition with the new Daytona was to mark the anniversary of the first watch by creating something special and exclusive, and boy have they done that,” said Coletta.
"It's simply a stunning watch. It's unlikely we'll see anything to top it this year. It has all the hallmarks of a the classic modern Daytona; oyster case; three internal dials; a self-winding, perpetual movement; but it also has this beautiful ice blue dial, a chestnut brown ceramic bezel and white gold borders that make it significantly more expensive than other Daytona watch."
The 50th Anniversary Daytona also has a case that measures 40mm and is water-resistant to 100m. The Oyster bracelet includes the ‘Oysterlock’ safety clasp to prevent it coming open by accident.
The Rolex Daytona watches have been produced in three separate series since launching in the early 1960s. Most recently, third series watches were introduced in 2000 and feature a unique six-digit reference number and self-winding chronometers.
"Daytona watches have achieved cult status because of their rarity, the quality of their timekeeping and the quality of their production," added Coletta.
"This new Daytona is not different. It really is first class. I'm sure that over time it will become one of those must-have watches that aficionados really go for."
Notes to Editors:
1. Dream Watches is one of the few UK dealers to specialise solely in Rolex watches – selling new, pre owned or vintage timepieces.
2. Dream Watches runs a valuation service and can also sell your Rolex on your behalf.
3. Located in the South of England near Southampton, Dream Watches opening hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm.
- Contact Name:
- Dane Coletta
- Dream Watches Ltd
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 02392 556666
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- BellaVista Promotions reveals top motivation tips for business owners
- How Argos voucher codes, Debenhams promo codes & PC World discount vouchers can help customers get the most out of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales
- BraZen: New generation gaming chairs for new generation games
- The virtual reality of cyber-bullying
- Breaking downthe jargon: mobile optimised vs. mobile compatible websites