Big-hearted Danny O’Reilly went to great lengths to declare his love for girlfriend Aimee Whatmore on Valentine’s Day.
Danny, who works for a company specialising in road marking, persuaded his colleagues to help him create a huge red heart on the ground, so Aimee could see how much she meant to him.
The 10-metre by 15-metre heart, complete with white arrow through it, has proved a talking point for neighbours and delighted Aimee, an all-round entertainer who has moved to Wales to take up a season’s contract entertaining visitors to Haven holiday camps.
A romantic video showing Aimee’s reaction to the huge red heart has been put on YouTube at:
Danny, 25, whose dad runs Hi-Way Services in Canterbury, Kent, and Littlehampton, Sussex, is slightly embarrassed by the interest generated by the video, but says he’s delighted Aimee liked the unusual Valentine’s gesture.
He said: “She really liked it and it was worth the effort. We took about two hours to draw the heart, which will have to stay until it fades. It was a bit of a different way to say what I felt about Aimee and that I would miss her while she’s working away.”
The couple are unlikely to be together on 14 February, but Danny promises to send a card and “perhaps a box of chocs” to his Valentine.
Meanwhile, loved-up Aimee, who is also 25, said: “I was totally speechless when I saw the giant heart that was painted. Not a regular Valentine’s present! How many girls can say they have received a gift like that? A lot of thought went it to it and, seeing as I was just about to move away for a while for work, Danny made me feel incredibly special.”
Aimee is thrilled at her first job since completing a three-year performing arts course and hard at working rehearsing in preparation for the seven-month holiday camp contract.
The couple, who met at a bar in Ramsgate where Aimee worked, have a house in the town, where Danny waits for his love to return.
- Contact Name:
- Sharon Wilding
- The Purple Edge
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01227 456143
Related press releases
- GB Marketing Enterprise: could the UK be about to enter an entrepreneurial revolution?
- My Favourite Voucher Codes makes record-breaking £3,000 donation to bibic
- Limitless Communications: supports loan programme that will help Irish SMEs
- Thornton Dowson Innovations Outlines the Importance of a Good Mentor
- Jeszcze szybszy rozwój? To możliwe!
- business / economics business / economics feed
- construction / property construction / property feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- design / architecture design / architecture feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- weddings weddings feed