More Britons are choosing to spend their summer holidays in the UK, with a rise in staycations and a surge in demand for UK accommodation.
This year's Afternoon Tea Week takes place from Monday 8th to 14th August, providing holidaymakers with the perfect excuse to relax with a traditional afternoon tea.
Afternoon Tea Week is a celebration of one of the nation's favourite traditions. Whether enjoyed in a 5-star hotel, tearoom, or as a home-baked treat, the British love the combination of savoury and sweet treats, accompanied by some of the 100 million cups of tea we drink each day in the UK.
Keith Newton, managing director of AfternoonTea.co.uk said: "Whatever the weather, afternoon tea is a uniquely British experience to enjoy during the summer, whether you are on holiday or having a 'staycation' closer to home."
The tradition of afternoon tea is attributed to Anna, the 7th Duchess of Bedford, who is said to have complained of "having that sinking feeling" during the late afternoon. The solution was a pot a tea and a light snack, taken privately at first, then inviting friends to join her, until all fashionable society was sipping tea and nibbling sandwiches in the middle of the afternoon.
Visit AfternoonTeaWeek.co.uk for exclusive promotions, competitions and special events.
Highlights of this year’s Afternoon Tea Week include:
- Social History of English afternoon tea - talk and afternoon tea at 116 Pall Mall, London.
- Afternoon Tea Etiquette Experience at Great Scotland Yard Hotel, London.
- Jurassic-themed afternoon tea launching at Ampersand Hotel, London.
- Afternoon tea with live jazz entertainment at Rose Lounge, London.
- Free Champagne, 2-for-1 and 25 per cent off promotions at more than 50 venues across the UK
Notes to editors:
- Further information about afternoon tea and its history, can be found at https://afternoontea.co.uk/information/about-afternoon-tea/
- For quotes, interview, or any other information, please contact Keith Newton email@example.com
- @afternoonteauk #afternoonteaweek
- Contact Name:
- Keith Newton
- Managing Director
- Dine Time Ltd
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details: