The team at the UK's leading allergy free snack company Creative Nature have been joined by its new apprentice Daisy McDermott.
Daisy, who is 18 years old and lives in Walton on Thames, is interested in health, fitness and nutrition yet did not want to go to university to start her career. She left school two years ago and trained to be a hairdresser, then along came Covid-19 which changed her plans.
She said: "The idea of an apprenticeship has always appealed to me, I love how it is practical and you are earning money whilst also gaining a qualification. I qualified as a hairdresser and then Covid-19 came along. I didn’t want to sit around waiting for life to happen so I looked for opportunities.
"Creative Nature stood out to me as a brand as I have a passion for health and fitness so resonate with the company’s ethos very well."
At Creative Nature, which has its HQ in Surrey, Daisy is working five days a week and then studying with provider Weir Training to secure her qualification in chain supply and warehouse operations.
Julianne Ponan, CEO of Creative Nature, said: "It’s been brilliant to welcome Daisy to the team, her vitality and enthusiasm makes her a perfect addition to our team. We will do all we can to give her a bright future. We really admire her motivation to move positively through this pandemic. We welcome someone with her 'get up and go'."
Just a few weeks in, Daisy has learned a lot from being part of the team already.
"My number one tip would be to learn from those around you. Being part of a team means you are surrounded by others that have a lot of knowledge even if it isn't in your field of expertise yet! Secondly, I would say don't be afraid to ask questions, I was always told 'no question is a silly question'.
"Finally, I would say have fun and take every opportunity that is handed to you as you may never know what you will gain from it.'
Daisy is a former student of Esher High School and currently lives with her parents and three sisters. One interesting fact is that she is an identical triplet! Her sisters are Rosey, who is a minute older and training to be a butcher and Holly, a minute younger, who is a membership advisor for a local gym. Daisy also has a younger sister Betsy who is nine.
Creative Nature Superfoods provides free-from bars, baking mixes, sweet treats and superfoods which are free from the top 14 allergens, vegan friendly and nutritious. The company has won numerous awards for both its products and the performance of its team. CEO Julianne Ponan has also been named as one of the Forbes 30 Under 30 to watch.
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 07789 270030
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- consumer goods consumer goods feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- education / training education / training feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- women's interest women's interest feed