The award winning theme park is inviting Army, Navy and Air Force personnel, along with their families to enjoy a day out, for just £17 per person on both Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th June.
Colin Bryan, managing director of the park, said: “Britain should be extremely proud of the men and women who serve in the army, navy and air force. They do a tremendous job.
“As a thank you and to acknowledge the difficult and essential work that they do, we would like to offer a discount to those currently serving and their families.”
Service men and women will be able to enjoy over 100 rides and attractions at Drayton Manor Park as well as Europe’s first Thomas Land and a brand new 4D cinema showing the multi-award winning ‘The Curse of Skull Rock’.
An MOD spokesman said: “The Armed Forces Day is an occasion on which the community at large can show its recognition of Britain’s Service personnel, and we are very pleased that Drayton Manor Theme Park has chosen to participate in this way.”
Valid military identification card must be presented when buying tickets on day of visit (maximum four people per ID card).
For more information on the total family entertainment that Drayton Manor Park offers, go to www.draytonmanorpark.co.uk or join the Facebook group at www.facebook.com/DraytonManorPark
Notes to Editors:
Drayton Manor Theme Park was first opened to the public by the Bryan family in 1950, after co-founders, husband and wife, George and Vera Bryan, converted 80 acres of land into a wonderful family pleasure resort.
Almost 60 years later, Drayton Manor has been transformed into an award-winning attraction located in approximately 280 acres of beautiful parkland and packed with amazing rides for all ages. Drayton Manor remains a family owned and run theme park and is one of the Midlands’ most popular attractions with over a million people visiting annually.
Supporting good causes
Drayton Manor Theme Park has a long and proud history of supporting a variety of charities and good causes. Throughout 2009, Drayton Manor will be the National Family Zone Sponsor of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation UK (JDRF UK) and will support a number of Walk to Cure Diabetes events around the country.
These walks raise vital funds as JDRF UK continues to support research into finding a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications. Type 1 diabetes affects an estimated 350,000 people across the country, including 20,000 children.
Drayton Manor also supports:
• Birmingham Children’s Hospital
• Whittington St Giles Hospice
• Tamworth Boxing Club
• Drayton Manor Boys Football club
• Drayton Manor MG Metro Racing Championship
• Tamworth Cricket Club
Drayton Manor Theme Park won the Gold Award for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year at the 2008 Heart of England Excellence in Tourism Awards, the Best UK Value Destination Award in the Group Leisure Awards 2007, as well as a Silver Award for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year at The Excellence in Tourism Awards 2007.
Opening and closing times
Drayton Manor Theme Park‘s 2009 season launches on Saturday 21st March until Sunday 1st November.
For more information, see www.draytonmanor.co.uk or call the 24-hour information line on 0844 472 1950. The park’s full address is Drayton Manor Theme Park, near Tamworth, Staffordshire, B78 3TW.
Golley Slater PR on behalf of Drayton Manor Theme Park
Sarah James/Andrew Roberts
T: 0121 384 9700
E: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name:
- Andy Roberts
- Golley Slater
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- JK Lasers exhibits at ILAS 2015 - The Industrial Laser Applications Symposium, Chesford Grange, Kenilworth, UK
- Winner Casino expands game collection and improves mobile app
- Sticks and Stones: Call for parents to warn children about the risks of playing on derelict sites
- Eyes wide shut: Call for greater transparent communications to deter and prevent more phone hacking and tax evasion scandals
- The Irish Economy surge in 2014 revealed as fastest in the EU leaves Zenith ideas thrilled
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- defence defence feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed