Rapid advances in synthetic technology have led, in recent years, to a boom in the use of artificial grass.
Fake fibres can now be found at work in a range of environments - from domestic gardens to flooring for special events and even as the artificial grass walkways on cruise liners.
"From lawns and roof gardens, logo mats cut into turf, carpeting for shops, conferences and special events, to uses for sports pitches and a vast range of products for the golfing industry, uses of artificial grass are everywhere," said Andy Driver, of Evergreens UK, the UK's largest stockist of artificial grass.
"The booming uses for artificial grass reflects the great quality we can now offer. Improvements in the synthetic materials used for the blades and way we weave segments together means we can now off a product that looks as good as natural grass but is actually very low maintenance."
Fake lawns, Driver said, can usually be fitted in a day and only need to be brushed down with soapy water to keep them looking great.
Early in 2013, Evergreens UK's Lazylawn brand refitted the synthetic grass on the Superstar Libra cruise ship in just three days.
Last year, the BBC reported that parish councillors in the Cotswold village of Bourton-on-the-Water voted unanimously in favour of trialling fake grass because its high volume of tourists was waring grass thin and consequently costing the council £1,000 per year to patch up areas of bare earth.
"It makes great sense to use artificial grass in high traffic areas where regular grass doesn't have a chance to establish itself. Synthetic products are of such a high quality now that it will blend in well with the rest of the village," said Driver.
"But artificial grass is much more than just an option where regular grass won't grow."
Notes to Editors:
1. Evergreen UK Ltd is an independent, family-built company established over 25-years ago and is the largest stockist of artificial grass in the UK.
2. Evergreen UK is the only artificial grass brand to be awarded the prestigious Certificate of Merit at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.
3. Evergreen UK was the first artificial grass firm to be asked to exhibit its lawns at the Chelsea Flower Show in 2009.
- Contact Name:
- Andy Driver
- Evergreens (UK) Ltd
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- New case study highlights model-practices for dynamic security for highways and construction
- How does mood impact productivity? Asks Alpha Innova
- Edward Sexton launch autumn/winter accessories collection
- Now you can save big on your Halloween shopping with the help of Debenhams Vouchers, Pink Boutique Promos, and Homebase Vouchers
- New games and more at Touch Mobile Casino