"I am absolutely thrilled and honoured to have been named one of the 42 Under 42 by the South West Business Insider.
"As a managing agent and block management agent, I did not necessarily set out to be recognised outside of my own sector however it has happened and I am so grateful for it.
I set out to be my own boss with my own team and offer my clients a better service after working in the sector for more than a decade and becoming increasingly fed up with the lack of empathy and customer service."
What does it mean to be one of the 42 Under 42?
"Business Insider is one of the UK's most successful regional B2B media companies. There are five regional B2B magazines read each year by more than 200,000 subscribers.
"It hosts around 140 market-leading events, including award dinners in all regions outside London. One of the aims of the business is to celebrate younger entrepreneurs and 'find' them early and follow their careers in business over several years. I am personally aware of several people who are older than me who are alumni members.
"Basically, it is a club organised by Insider Media group, with regional 'bubbles' celebrating young entrepreneurs with businesses of all shapes and sizes, across the UK.
"It is a way of bringing those younger entrepreneurs together and following their journey over time.
"To be named as one of the 42 under the age of 42 means, that the magazine is tipping you as a rising star of the business world, and, for me, this is quite a big deal!"
2021 42 Under 42 Members:
"The 42 members selected so far for this region come from across the whole of the South West, from Devon and Cornwall, Somerset, Bristol, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire, and cover a wide range of different industries.
"Other businesses among the 42 include:
- Stephen Trowbridge, MBE - First City Nursing and Care, health provider, based in Swindon.
- Christie Stapleton - of Glam Wax, a start-up home fragrance business based in Exeter.
- Rob Sanders of Glas Data - a tech company which provides a dashboard and data management system for the agricultural sector, based out of Truro.
"My business is based in Cheltenham and Bristol and I currently manage properties in Bristol, Cheltenham, Stroud, Swindon and London. Other Gloucestershire businesses included in the 42 this year are:
- Chris Capewell and Max Shaw, The Union Project, Clothes store.
- Sarah Taylor, GT Ltd, both in Cheltenham; Henrietta Kitt, Hetty's Kitchen in Gloucester.
- Dr Chen Mao Davies, LatchAid in Cirencester.
"This year, the split between male and female business owners named as members was, 24 male and 18 females, which is a good mix.
"In the past other local business owners who have been named as members of the 42 Under 42, include:
- Graeme Leighfield, of GEL Studios based in South Marston, Swindon
- Karl Paul, now chairman of Smarter Media, also of Swindon.
- Cirencester-based, Danny Matthews of Danny & Co.
What does the future hold for us as members?
"Business Insider hold a range of events both off and online where we will get the opportunity to meet up with other members and network.
"We have access to enter awards, attend network meetings, forums, debates and discussions and also to share our opinions and experiences of business-related issues over time. I am excited for the year ahead.
"Also I am only 37 so I’ve got a few years until I hit 42l Let’s see what else Fraser Allen can get up to as we continue to grow."
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- construction / property construction / property feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- industry industry feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- women's interest women's interest feed