With a net worth of $3 billion, Oprah Winfrey has been ranked as the wealthiest African-American in American history and the most influential woman in the world. After being born into poverty in rural Mississippi, Oprah Winfrey secured a job in radio while at High School, and it was from there that her media career began. Now, Oprah Winfrey has her name to the highest rated talk show of all time, as well as being a producer, actress and philanthropist.
Oprah Winfrey is an inspiration to women around the world; Rania Noumaan, a successful businesswoman and managing director of sales and marketing firm, Blue Branch, is inspired by successful female entrepreneurs like Oprah. Ms Noumaan takes much inspiration from seeing strong and empowered women succeed in business, which is historically very male-dominated. And the MD believes that it's not just women, but men too, who can learn from the success stories of such women in business.
About Blue Branch: http://www.bluebranch.org/about/
Last week, Ms Noumaan took this inspiration and fed it into a company workshop, where she examined the eight success lessons that can be learnt from observing the actions and behaviours of Oprah Winfrey.
- Lesson one; a person should go with their gut instinct when making decisions and have faith in the choices they make.
- Lesson two; to focus business activities that help other people, for example, develop a product that solves a problem rather than selling luxury items.
- Lesson three; not to make money a priority, instead to have a love and passion for something.
- Lesson four; don't run away from negatives, instead learn how to turn them into positives.
- Lesson five; be aware that things that are worth having life don't come easy and success comes with a lot of hard work.
- Lesson six; to be surrounded by other people who have the same mindset and outlook on business and life.
- Lesson seven; if a person wants to be successful, then they first need to believe that they can be.
- Lesson eight; be proud of achievements and always stay true to oneself.
An innovative sale and event-marketing firm based in Scotland, Blue Branch help their clients to boost customer acquisition, retention and sales through the use of unique event marketing strategies. The company prides themselves on their culture of learning and development, and as a result, regular workshops and seminars are put in place to motivate and inspire their staff and contractors.
- Contact Name:
- Rania Noumaan
- Managing Director
- Blue Branch
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 0131 281 1153
- Company Website: