It would appear that 'Blue Monday' has indeed had an effect on a number of Britons, as the UK's leading discount site saw a sharp increase in searches for holidays on the site yesterday, January 21st.
The statistics, released by www.MyVoucherCodes.co.uk, revealed that searches for holidays on the site increased by 603% yesterday, when compared to the number of searches for an average day in January.
According to the site statistics, the top 10 most popular holiday retailers on the MyVoucherCodes.co.uk site, for consumers searching for a getaway bargain on 'Blue Monday' were as follows:
4. Thomas Cook
9. First Choice
Mark Pearson, Chairman of MyVoucherCodes.co.uk, had the following to say about the statistics:
"With the news about 'Blue Monday', compared with the adverse weather conditions that hit the UK over the weekend, it wasn't all that surprising to find out that a number of people are looking to switch the snow for sunnier climes, and why not! Taking some time off at the beginning of the year is a great way to save some money on your holiday. However, if you are looking to book for a getaway later in the year, booking in advance can always save you a bit of cash, especially with some of the discounts that are available online."
- Contact Name:
- Shannon Haigh
- Senior Account Manager
- 10 Yetis PR Agency
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01452 348211
Related press releases
- Bright Horizons launches Aberdeen to Brighton cycle challenge to raise money for the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children
- Gumball Promotions looks at the things businesses can learn from sport
- The Irish Economy surge in 2014 revealed as fastest in the EU leaves Zenith ideas thrilled
- Brandlective Communications reveals ways to prevent complaints with social media
- Re-launched FADS.co.uk promises improved customer experience