Credit control expert Nicki Kinton of Confident Cashflow is celebrating three years in business this month (31 May) as lockdown continues to impact the UK economy.
"I’ll be having a celebratory cocktail in preparation for a small party to come once lockdown restrictions are lifted more fully," Nicki said.
Nicki started her own business in Swindon, Wiltshire after many years of working with organisations as a credit manager and expert in helping them manage a healthy cash flow. She decided to go it alone in 2017 and now works with SMEs and bigger organisations across the South West.
"I made the decision to set up my own business in order to have more control over my life," Nicki said. "Working within a larger organisation and contacting smaller companies over many years, made me realise that I could help small business owners be more efficient, more cash aware and tighten up their contracts with suppliers and customers.
"It’s been a learning journey all of the way and, when it's your own business, there is far more emotion involved when you are responsible for your own company and your own cash."
What Nicki could not have known was the fact she would celebrate her anniversary in business at home with her husband Toby and pet Labrador cross Bella, under lockdown.
"It’s been an interesting time with both positives and negatives. Once lockdown is lifted I fully intend to have a 'real-world' cocktail event with clients and colleagues!"
Three positive things Nicki has taken from lockdown:
- Being able to focus on her business and add in processes she just had not got round to.
- Securing work from other business owners doing the same thing and therefore needing new terms and conditions which are compliant with the law, particularly around the supply of services or products online.
- Spending more time with her husband and her dog and also being more connected with family, none of whom live in Swindon.
Three less positive things Nicki has taken from lockdown:
- Being a social creature, Nicki has missed contact with friends and colleagues including those hugs and handshakes which were previously part of normal life.
- Being less productive, with two people sharing one small office, having to remain task focused and negotiate who gets the space and for what period of time.
- Having clients who want to work with you to improve cash flow, however are too fearful to do anything now because of cashflow!
Nicki was brought up with numbers, through her early work experience at her father’s accountancy practice. She is one of a handful of people to hold a first-class BA Hons degree in credit management and she is also an accredited member of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management.
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- education / training education / training feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- fashion / beauty fashion / beauty feed
- financial services financial services feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- government government feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- legal affairs legal affairs feed
- industry industry feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- women's interest women's interest feed
- weddings weddings feed