CICS, the sustainability assurance provider, has released a film about Mandatory Carbon Reporting.
After a Defra consultation on the subject, the Government announced that, from 2013, Mandatory Carbon Reporting (MCR) of GHG emissions will come into force for those companies that are listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
Shaun Bainbridge, Director at CICS, says:
“There seems to be some confusion as to what is involved in Mandatory Carbon Reporting. We put together this film to explain the advantages of measuring emissions, how doing so can drive profits and the benefits of having data independently verified.”
The film can be viewed at http://www.cicsglobal.com/mcr.
CICS (Complete Integrated Certification Services Ltd) provides sustainability assurance, management systems certification and training, and product certification. With industry-leading experience and knowledge of CO2 verification under both mandatory and voluntary (carbon/water footprinting, sustainability/corporate responsibility/environmental reporting) schemes, they provide emissions verification under the Emissions Trading Scheme, North American Climate Registry, WRI/WBCSD GHG protocol, Carbon Disclosure Project and PAS 2050. CICS also provides ISO Certification services, including management system certification to ISO 9000, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and Product Certification. All services are accredited to internationally recognised standards and guidelines and based upon a policy of providing a unique combination of: industry sector knowledge, specialist auditors, service orientation and cost effectiveness, and international recognition.
For further information, please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)1782 764436
- Contact Name:
- Jane Shepherd
- Shepherd PR
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01538 308685
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- HIV’s answer to a home pregnancy test will be sold on Freedoms Shop website
- JK Lasers exhibits at ILAS 2015 - The Industrial Laser Applications Symposium, Chesford Grange, Kenilworth, UK
- Sticks and Stones: Call for parents to warn children about the risks of playing on derelict sites
- Eyes wide shut: Call for greater transparent communications to deter and prevent more phone hacking and tax evasion scandals
- Avant Garde Ideals outline marketing mistakes that cost companies money