Manchester United are still odds on chances to win the Premier League and if they avoid defeat their odds are likely to shorten further. At the time of writing they are as short as 4/5 to wrestle the title back from their City neighbors. However, whilst City have recently struggled on foreign soil, things have been less than perfect at Old Trafford. In their last league game, United conceded three goals in the first half at Reading and they are likely to face a sterner test in the Manchester derby.
Whilst United's defensive frailties have been well documented, going forward things have been remarkably good.Rooney and Van Persie seem to be making their eye-catching combination pay dividends and they have propelled United to the top of the goal scoring charts with apparent ease. According to Opta, United's games are averaging 4 goals per game whilst City's home games currently average 3.13.Those watching the game that will be televised live on Sky sports will be hoping that it's a high scoring game that is likely to be full of incident.
Related press releases
- It’s D-Day this Friday as Ford prepares to unveil first in series of flagship new dealerships in Derby
- Customers Of Motorline Direct help bring sunshine into dozens of children’s lives – By Buying Its Quality Used Cars
- Grab great gardening books from the Book People
- MJ Experia Marketing investigates the habits of the super successful
- All-new Fiat 500X set to launch this Friday at Thames Motor Group showrooms in Kent and Berkshire