While the country awaits next month's return of Downton Abbey, design trends are ahead of the game with resurgent interest in classic mirror styles to throw natural light about the home and create the illusion of grand spaces.
Key to this revival is the Georgian-style mirror as it resonates with gracious charm. For the home they will continue to be a hot trend well into the next year.
When looking for that quintessential Georgian-style feature the first mirror that springs to mind, says Martyn Battell of the Chandelier and Mirror Company, is an overmantle mirror.
"The overmantle is an essential piece of furniture and a staple if you're looking to recreate the claim, poise and elegance of this hot trend," said Battell.
"Whether it's a mirror that is a large and ornate antique like a Beaumanor, or something more delicate and classic with little bun feet getting the mirror on the mantle that's right for your room is key."
Adding Cheval mirrors that tilt to bedrooms and dressing rooms is another sure-fire way of adding a gracious design feature.
For a less formal approach, the addition or smaller mirrors on desks, dressers or even coffee tables can bring a subtle, restful accent to a room.
“Adding pieces of modest proportions, like our new Turvey mirror or our Pysten mirror, can really add the finishing touch to a tabletop or dresser,” added Battell.
“Either of these pieces will add that hint of sophisticated luxury that really pull a room together and make it feel like a special place.”
Notes to Editors:
1. The Chandelier & Mirror Company is one of the UK's leading online retailers of exquisite accessories for the home
2. The company's showroom is based in Erith, Kent. Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm and Saturdays 10.00am to 4.00pm
3. The Chandelier & Mirror Company has been featured on television programmes including 60 Minute and its products have been recommended by the top designers such as Alison Cork and Sophie Robinson.
4. The company's online store has been featured in Homes and Antiques, Period Living, Ideal Home Magazine, The Lady and other publications.
- Contact Name:
- Martyn Battell
- The Chandelier and mirror company
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- Own a unique garden shed in Manchester? Fancy entering Shed of the year 2016?
- Tidy house, tidy mind: Mindfulness and your living space - packaging boxes
- Bright Horizons wins the Business of the Year Award at the NCFD 2016 Grand Awards.
- 2016 Modern Families Index Identifies Millennial Parents Under Pressure
- London forum to bring the implications of the Public Services (Social Value) Act into your procurement process, to gain a competitive edge