STAFF at one of Chippenham’s most well-known hotels – The Angel Hotel - are inviting the local community to see its new facilities, sample its new gin menu and celebrate the first phase of its ongoing refurbishment.
The Angel Hotel at Market Place is a Grade II listed building which was originally a 17th century coaching inn. This year, the hotel has had more than £260,000 spent on upgrading its infrastructure to bring it into the 21st century and to reflect its historic status.
This first phase of refurbishment has seen much behind-the-scenes equipment being upgraded and an up-to-the-minute refit of its gym. Master craftsmen have also restored the portico of the hotel, which is listed, using traditional techniques. More work is planned over the next year.
General manager Philip Dunn, who has recently taken over management of the hotel, said: “We are so pleased with the work completed that we want to share it with the community. We are inviting local residents and business owners to join us across on two evenings later this month to see what we’ve done.
“We wish to become a focal point for the business community with our meeting rooms, a wonderful experience for residents visiting our restaurant, bar and gym and a first choice for tourists to the town.”
The Angel Hotel will throw open its doors on Wednesday July 24 and Friday July 26 from 5pm to 8pm for residents and business owners to ‘drop in’ and see the new facilities. The staff will be showcasing the gym, the beautiful garden complete with a pop-up gin bar with some gins to sample.
Each evening, there will be drinks and nibbles, entertainment from a steel band, a charity tombola for Chippenham Rotary Club – as The Angel Hotel is a corporate member of the local fundraising organisation. There will also be a business card prize draw for business owners.
“You may think you know the Angel Hotel however we are entering a new era. We are not what we have been and we want to be at the heart of the community again. Today we’re routinely offering an extensive range of gins, a new cocktail menu as well as cask ales. Our gym is state of the art including digital wallpaper. There will be more developments in the coming months around the look and feel of the hotel,” Philip said.
Visitors will also be asked to support staff members who will be taking part in an additional fund-raising challenge for Chippenham Rotary in the newly-refurbished gym. A team will be taking it in turns to cycle the equivalent of the 874-mile journey from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
Anyone with queries can contact Philip Dunn by calling 01249 652615 or emailing Philip Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- business / economics business / economics feed
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- consumer goods consumer goods feed
- design / architecture design / architecture feed
- environment / conservation environment / conservation feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- women's interest women's interest feed
- weddings weddings feed