To help to give you some ideas for a romantic road trip of your own here are the top 5 world’s most romantic driving routes as chosen by Unique Honeymoons:
1. Bollenstreek Route – Netherlands
Known as the ‘flower route’, the 25mile trip from Haarlem to Naaldwijk takes motorists through a sea of tulips, hyacinths and daffodils. A stop-off in nearby Amsterdam is the perfect opportunity to splash out on some diamonds, which have been a staple trade for the city for over 400 years.
2. Bavaria’s ‘Romantic Road’ – Germany
The 225 mile journey from Wurzburg to Füssen will take drivers through areas famed for their gourmet restaurants, excellent wines and sites of historical interest.
3. The Garden Route – South Africa
Rolling vineyards, lagoons, quiet beaches and pine plantations fill the drive from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town. For nature lovers, there is plenty of opportunity for whale watching en-route.
4. The Great Ocean Road – Australia
The 160 mile drive from Torquay to Warrnambool takes motorists along Australia’s rugged south-eastern coastline, past beautiful beaches, rainforest scenery and amazing waterfalls. Australia’s oldest surviving lighthouse at Cape Otway Light Station offers couples the chance to watch the sun set before sampling some freshly-caught seafood.
5. California’s Highway 1 – USA
The ‘All-American Road’ from Los Angeles to San Francisco is ranked as one of the world’s best driving routes. Take the Old Coast Road through remote redwood forests and canyons en route to Bixby Bridge, or look for moonstones and California jade at Moonstone Beach near Cambria.
Andy Hemmington of www.comparecarhire.co.uk, says: “Each year, we see a surge in bookings for Valentine’s Day, with many couples looking for somewhere unusual and special to explore together.
“Whether hiring a car or using your own, road trips are a fantastic alternative for Valentine’s Day, giving people the freedom to explore new scenery and visit attractions at their own pace, creating the perfect Valentine’s getaway.”
To compare the latest car hire deals for a romantic road trip, visit www.comparecarhire.co.uk
Since being bought and operated by Broody Media Ltd in 2004, comparecarhire.co.uk has become
one of the leading car hire comparison websites in the UK. Today we offer car hire from over 40 rental
suppliers in over 15,000 locations worldwide! In 2011 we also launched our mobile product enabling our
customers to now search and book on their mobiles with apps for Apple and Android also available.
- Contact Name:
- Cara Churchman
- Context Public Relations
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- BellaVista Promotions: Entrepreneurs share a vital trait with turtles
- Winner Casino expands game collection and improves mobile app
- Sticks and Stones: Call for parents to warn children about the risks of playing on derelict sites
- Eyes wide shut: Call for greater transparent communications to deter and prevent more phone hacking and tax evasion scandals
- The Irish Economy surge in 2014 revealed as fastest in the EU leaves Zenith ideas thrilled