Three judges panels have each shortlisted VPS for separate categories in the prestigious Construction News Specialists Awards:
- Equipment Specialist of the Year, for its safety zone team's work helping to keep roadworkers safe and traffic flowing with wireless CCTV towers and variable message signs.
- Tackling Climate Change - for introducing the game-changing ECO Tower that allows wireless CCTV tower systems to operate on solar power
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing Excellence - for demonstrating an extraordinary commitment to company-wide health and safety training, implementing a raft of new initiatives that have reached and impacted on every member of staff
"For our staff to be recognised for their commitment and dedication by independent assessors is very rewarding," said Luke Staton, newly appointed managing director UK and Ireland, for the VPS Group.
"Shortlisted for three awards by the judging panels makes me very proud to be joining this team, and reinforces the company's ethos that VPS really does make a difference for all our clients. Any prospective customer out there selecting their trusted security partner will also use this third-party validation to help their choice."
VPS believes that key to its continuing success in providing security services is its unique Intelligent Triple Protection for its clients, that ensures each receive a tailor-made best-fit solution for their security needs:
- PHYSICAL PROTECTION: utilising traditional physical protection solutions such as steel panels and doors
- MONITORED TECHNOLOGY: wireless alarms, cameras, sensors, CCTV tower technology, with 24/7 remote monitoring
- HUMAN INTERVENTION: manned guarding, inspections, and protection through use (“Property Guardians”)
The awards winners will be decided on 19 October, at the historic 18th Century Brewery in Chiswell Street, London.
Notes for editors:
VPS secures more than 50,000 properties and employs more than 1,200 staff in locations across the UK and mainland Europe.
It specialises in securing, maintaining and managing vacant property across a wide range of customer and industry sectors.
Core building services cover the vacant, unoccupied and void property lifecycle from an initial risk assessment, to security, including guarding, monitoring, clearing, cleaning, maintenance and preparation.
These services protect properties against unauthorised access and a variety of hazards such as arson, theft, squatting and unauthorised occupation.
For more information call Brenda Mathis +44(0)77 222 82 946
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Mathis
- VPS UK Ltd
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website: