The fantastically monikered Deep Space Industries Company is hoping to make asteroid mining a reality in our lifetime. Their aim is to initially visit some of the 1,500 asteroids accessible from Earth using "Firefly" space craft to asses mining conditions and help the company's researchers design and build mining vessels - “Dragonflies” - that will then play the integral role in what's predicted to be a trillion pound industry. The first craft are expected to be launched in 2015 with mission lengths of between two and six months.
Rather makes us feel like our mission to help you sell iPhone handsets or sell your mobile to get some summer holiday cash is a small endeavour indeed! Then again, one is probably not going to benefit from Deep Space Industries' plans just yet, whereas one can sell their mobile and have some cash from us straight away, so never mind.
The YouTube video advert for Deep Space Industries is laughably cheesy – it reminds us of the over-the-top productions created for evil corporations in films like Prometheus' Weiland-Utani Corporation (slogan: “Building Better Worlds”) or Resident Evil's Umbrella Corporation (slogan” “Why is Mila Jovovich so damn hard to kill?!”) We can't help but think getting some less Blade Runner-esque production values might help their case. Still, it was an interesting watch and we're really quite excited!
For those who are thinking 'should I sell my mobile?', they can get more information on it's value by visiting Money4Machines at:
- Contact Name:
- Jerry Crosby
- Web Optimiser
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 020 7953 8412
Related press releases
- BellaVista Promotions reveals top motivation tips for business owners
- How Argos voucher codes, Debenhams promo codes & PC World discount vouchers can help customers get the most out of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales
- BraZen: New generation gaming chairs for new generation games
- Abarth franchise to get pulses racing at Thames Tunbridge Wells
- HB Group rivela i tratti comune degli imprenditori di successo