DingIt.tv raises $1.5 Million follow-on seed funding
Funding secured to accelerate growth of innovative, market leading eSports real-time streaming platform
London, UK — April 27, 2015 — DingIt.tv announced today that it has secured follow on seed funding from Black Green Capital of $1.5m to expand and support the growth of its highly innovative real-time broadcasting platform.
The DingIT.tv platform offers three key advantages over the current offerings used to broadcast eSport events:
- For viewers, the platform offers exceptional quality with significantly lower bandwidth giving the end user both SD and HD enhanced experiences delivered onto PC, tablet or phone - a significant step up to current platforms. DingIt.tv is the only platform that can broadcast in HD to all end users on a global basis using its proprietary software.
- For broadcasters it providers a simpler and easier way to stream onto the platform. Simple integration into the existing workflows used for both TV based and live events means lower costs, more control and greater event quality for increased end user engagement.
- For advertisers and agencies it provides a significantly enhanced commercial offering with exceptional CPM returns. The ability for advertisers to run video ads through organic breaks in the action as well as the more normal pre, post and mid-roll adverts improves the experience and thus the viewer metrics.
The DingIT.tv platform has already achieved strong subscriber growth with limited organic advertising and this new seed investment will enable the platform to target a wider range of broadcasters and advertisers to accelerate its market position.
Aimed squarely at the high growth eSports market, for the first time broadcasters can deliver the near real time high quality content which end users are now demanding.
"The bottom line is that end users get true HD quality onto all of their devices, live events are not disrupted by adverts and engagement is significantly enhanced meaning better end results for the broadcaster and advertiser. This is a significant step up to what is available today, and is entirely based on proprietary technology meaning we have a significant edge in the market. As end user bandwidth improves we will be able to seamlessly upgrade the users to UHD giving inbuilt future-proofing for broadcasters” said Mark Hain, CEO and founder.
He continues “Black Green Capital share our vision of the future of DingIt’s disruptive broadcast streaming technology and unique online ad model, and are bringing both the financial backing as well as their own entrepreneurial skill set that will help drive our success. I am therefore delighted to welcome Black Green Capital's CEO David Rowe to join us as Chair. David has an exceptional track record in growing technology companies and will play a key role in helping to guide DingIt as it continues its global rollout."
David Rowe said, “Dingit.tv is a very exciting company with a highly disruptive technology platform which adds value to the customer experience and enables broadcasters and advertisers to enhance their commercial returns. eSports is breaking all records in terms of growth and viewing numbers and we are delighted to be participating in what we believe will be the premier goto platform for delivering real-time, live eSport events”
DingIt is an interactive gaming platform which provides unprecedented streaming quality for both live streams and Video-on-Demand based on a proprietary end-to-end streaming platform. Offering true HD streaming (1080p, 60fps) it also provides exceptionally low latency (<5s) and requires virtually no buffering giving almost instant start for the end user. The advertising management platform is fully integrated into the underlying broadcasting technology and video adverts can be placed during organic breaks which has been shown to provide a 10 times more engaging experience than pre-rolls.
It is a community-driven site, accepting input from its various constituents to ensure we directly reflect the dynamic content in the eSports world. DingIt is the first live video game streaming platform to not only support and develop its own proprietary end-to-end streaming technology, but also to host a dedicated 24X7 eSports channel featuring events from around the world. To see live DingIt events, check out the company’s eSports calendar (which is updated daily) here: http://www.dingit.tv/esports
About Black Green Capital
Black Green Capital is a London based venture capital business specialising in hi-tech, disruptive and innovative businesses at early stages of development with a team of highly experienced partners with hands-on operational experience in building businesses. Companies in its portfolio are Hydro66, a revolutionary ultra-green datacentre; Virtuix, an immersive, free movement virtual reality gaming platform; Megamine, a market-leading wholesale Bitcoin mining company.
Full details can be found at http://www.blackgreencapital.com
Swipe Right PR
For Black Green Capital:
- Contact Name:
- Paul Morrison
- Business Development
- Black Green Capital
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed