Finding out about a country’s unique customs and beliefs are part of what makes a stint abroad so memorable. And while travellers may at times feel like a fish out of water, participating in the local habits is a great way of opening doors and making new friends.
Cultural customs often centre around how important events are conducted. During Scotland’s Burns Night, for example, a master of ceremonies will draw a knife while ‘addressing the haggis’ before stabbing it through the centre! Meanwhile, Madrilenos traditionally gobble grapes at midnight on New Year’s Eve in order to ensure good fortune for the coming year.
Many customs focus on etiquette and behaviour. Germans often say that failing to meet your drinking buddy’s eyes while toasting grants you seven years of bad sex. Meanwhile, to walk into a party in France without showering your guests with kisses is considered un grand faux pas.
City Travel Review’s creative gap projects take place in wide range of fascinating destinations, including Berlin, Madrid, Edinburgh, Lyon and Barcelona. As well as observing what it means to live like a local by writing a city travel guide about the city, programme participants get to study either French, German or Spanish while immersing themselves in the local ways of life.
Our programmes typically last anything from 2 weeks to 3 months and are suited for students, graduates, career breakers and anyone willing to immerse themselves in a unique travel experience. Graduates of our programmes always come away having learn new skills and made great friends – so don’t hesitate to check out our website – www.citytravelreview.co.uk or drop us an email at email@example.com.
- Contact Name:
- Jeremy Maki
- Project co-ordinator
- City Travel Review
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 0044 131 208 2741
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- Angel Business Suite examines key tenats to consider during expansion location selection
- Bargate Business Suite reviews important factors in selecting physical locations
- Josh Peace reviews the simple secrets of the successful entrepreneur
- Justin Cobb announces cities on his expansion watch-list
- Christoph Grizzard reviews the importance and effects of culture on success
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- design / architecture design / architecture feed
- education / training education / training feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- fashion / beauty fashion / beauty feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed