Ed Hollands, the young founder of mobile advertising company DrivenMedia has been named Creative Industries Entrepreneur of the Year for the Midlands.
“Wow! I can’t believe I’ve won the Creative Industries Entrepreneur of the year award for this region. It’s such an honour and I’m delighted.
"We’ve had four years of growth; I’d like to thank all those who’ve supported me and Driven Media including all of our clients and suppliers.”
As a regional winner Ed now goes on to the national final of the Great British Entrepreneur Awards 2019, being held at Dock X, Surrey Quays in London on Thursday November 21.
Ed became well known when he appeared on Dragons' Den pitching for investment for DrivenMedia. He was questioned about his age by Dragon Peter Jones who couldn't believe he was 24 at the time. Dragon Jenny Campbell liked Ed and invested the money he asked for. She has supported Ed and DrivenMedia ever since.
Ed's story both before and after the Den clearly struck a chord with award judges recently. Founded in 2013, the NatWest Great British Entrepreneur Awards acknowledges the hard work and inspiring stories of entrepreneurs and businesses nationwide. They celebrate the incredible stories that have taken entrepreneurs to where they are today, regardless of size or turnover. The 2019 awards programme covers eight regions across the UK.
The judges for Midlands category won by Ed were:
- Holly Tucker MBE.
- Cath Kidston MBE
- David George MINI UK Director
- Nicholas Green, Printed.com
- Jodie Cook JC social media and author
- Michael Jacobson, serial entrepreneur
- Alison Lowe MBE, Felicities and start your own fashion label
- Helen Livingston, Branding Boutique
- Simon Biltcliffe, Webmart,
- Jo Ham, HAM.
- Professor Jonathan H Deacon, University of South Wales.
Ed, who works with brands to advertise and get their message onto the sides and backs of lorries, trucks and vans, now has more than 100 branded lorries travelling around the UK.
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- construction / property construction / property feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- financial services financial services feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- industry industry feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- women's interest women's interest feed
- weddings weddings feed