Dragons’ Den entrepreneur Edward Hollands, the founder of DrivenMedia, has been shortlisted for two regional awards at the 2018 NatWest Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
Derby-based Ed will find out if he has won the award for Creative Industries Entrepreneur of the Year and Young Entrepreneur of the Year at a gala ceremony to be held at Edgbaston Stadium in Birmingham on November 13.
DrivenMedia, an advertising agency which creates mobile billboards on commercial trailers, beat some tough competition in order to make the regional shortlist, with a record number of businesses entering the awards across a wide range of categories.
Ed said: “I am thrilled to be nominated for these prestigious awards. It’s a testament to the hard work and dedication by all of us at DrivenMedia.
“I hope we will be successful on the night, but even to be shortlisted is an honour in itself and shows just what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.”
Originally from Hertfordshire, Ed, 24, graduated from the University of Derby in 2016 with a first-class honours degree in Business Studies.
He got the idea for DrivenMedia on an early morning walk when he saw rush-hour traffic queuing at a roundabout. Today DrivenMedia offers companies, brands and organisations the opportunity to advertise on the sides and backs of lorries, trucks and vans as they travel the world delivering goods and services.
The company is currently running advertising campaigns for icelolly.com, yboo and CT1.
Now in its sixth year, the NatWest Great British Entrepreneur Awards has celebrated some amazing entrepreneurs over the years, many of whom are now household names. Past winners include David Buttress of Just Eat, Julie Deane OBE of The Cambridge Satchel Company and James Watt of BrewDog.
Creator of the awards, Francesca James, said: “We have been inundated with some incredible entries this year, and all shortlisted applicants should be extremely proud of themselves. This year has yet again seen a record number of entrants and we’ve been absolutely blown away by the strength and diversity of applications.
“We cannot wait to celebrate entrepreneurship across Great Britain with them and put a spotlight on the incredible talent within the British entrepreneur ecosystem.”
The NatWest Great British Entrepreneur Awards celebrate entrepreneurship across a number of categories at five gala finals across the UK in Cardiff, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Manchester & London.
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- education / training education / training feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- environment / conservation environment / conservation feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- financial services financial services feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- industry industry feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- women's interest women's interest feed