easyJet Traveller magazine, easyJet’s in-flight publication, has created its biggest cover yet. Painted onto a wall in Shoreditch by street-artist Gnasher, the 4m-high cover image, complete with the magazine’s masthead, fronts up a special August escapes issue.
In a first for a European inflight publications, the cover has also been transformed into an augmented reality experience by AR specialists Blippar. When viewed via the Blippar app, the image comes to life as the cover lines dissolve and a time-lapse video kicks in showing the mural being painted. At the end of the clip, readers can view an interview with the artist and comment on the video via the airline’s social media pages.
The cover, which can be found behind Toto’s café on Scrutton Street (goo.gl/ maps/kKsrQ), forms the centre of a Twitter competition, inviting people to Tweet pictures of themselves in front of the cover to @easyJet, using the hashtag #coverstars. Entries will be shared on the company’s Facebook page, and the best one will receive two free flights to the destination of their choice (terms and conditions apply).
- Contact Name:
- Simon Kurs
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
Related press releases
- Legacy Elite review plans to revive sheffield's empty buildings
- Gumball Promotions look at what businesses can learn from sport
- Where innovation meets opportunity
- New online store encourages shoppers to stop thinking in terms of 'buy cheap, replace'
- Want to be great at sales? Let Strategic Five Marketing show you how