easyJet Traveller magazine, easyJet’s in-flight publication, has created its biggest cover yet. Painted onto a wall in Shoreditch by street-artist Gnasher, the 4m-high cover image, complete with the magazine’s masthead, fronts up a special August escapes issue.
In a first for a European inflight publications, the cover has also been transformed into an augmented reality experience by AR specialists Blippar. When viewed via the Blippar app, the image comes to life as the cover lines dissolve and a time-lapse video kicks in showing the mural being painted. At the end of the clip, readers can view an interview with the artist and comment on the video via the airline’s social media pages.
The cover, which can be found behind Toto’s café on Scrutton Street (goo.gl/ maps/kKsrQ), forms the centre of a Twitter competition, inviting people to Tweet pictures of themselves in front of the cover to @easyJet, using the hashtag #coverstars. Entries will be shared on the company’s Facebook page, and the best one will receive two free flights to the destination of their choice (terms and conditions apply).
- Contact Name:
- Simon Kurs
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
Related press releases
- The future of marketing has arrived
- Enterprise Architecture and BPM Conference Europe 2016, 13-16 June 2016, London
- Toni Stewart of Fortitude Plethora invited to exclusive VIP event in London
- Josh Cote of EA Worldwide Acquisitions: 3 Steps to rethink the candidate experience
- Villa for sale in Biot, south of France