Engineer and entrepreneur Roni Savage has been awarded a Fellowship of the Institution of Civil Engineers (FICE).
She joins a prestigious group of engineers who have been recognised as leading lights in their field of expertise. To become an ‘ICE Fellow’ a professional must prove they are successful and well-respected civil engineering professionals, who have made a major contribution to the industry and are proactively they are role models for other engineers.
Roni, who runs her own environmental engineering consultancy Jomas Associates, said:
“To be accepted and recognised as a leader in my field is a true honour. It would be an understatement to say I’m thrilled.”
Fellows are usually involved in managing major projects and Roni is no exception to this as she has been involved in developments across the UK, including the widening of major roads such as the A406 and M25 and the Fish Island project in London.
She is also a campaigner to get more women into the STEM sector and for social mobility, she is currently on the board of trustees for the YMCA.
“I’m passionate about showing young people – girls and boys – that with the right support they can achieve their dreams. In my sector we do need more diversity when it comes to gender and I’m happy to be working alongside others who are working towards that long-term aim.”
Roni, who lives in Hillingdon, started her engineering and environmental consultancy in 2009, growing it to a turnover of over £2m today. Before starting her own company, Roni worked with various engineering consultancies after taking a BEng honours degree in Engineering Geology & Geotechnics at the University of Portsmouth. She also achieved a Master of Science (with distinction) in Environmental Management at the University of Exeter. Today she is a SiLC (specialist in land contamination) as well as being both a chartered geologist and engineer.
Her team at Jomas Associates works with residential, commercial and industrial developers, local authorities and government bodies, carrying out pragmatic and commercial focused investigations into ground conditions, supporting engineering design and assessing land contamination in the reclamation of Brownfield/derelict sites.
Jomas Associates HQ is based in Stockley Park, West London. The team also work across the UK from their other bases in Swindon, South Wales, Manchester and Kent.
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- construction / property construction / property feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- design / architecture design / architecture feed
- education / training education / training feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- environment / conservation environment / conservation feed
- government government feed
- industry industry feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- women's interest women's interest feed