South West digital entrepreneur Liz Hutchings has joined forces with green entrepreneur Pamela Barbato to launch a new digital platform to support us all to live more sustainable lives.
Action Net Zero Bristol - which has incorporated as a Community Interest Company - will launch online in the autumn using the behind-the-scenes digital structure pioneered by Liz’s company Total Guide to… which is now in its eighth year of business.
Liz said: "We’re so excited to play a part in Pam’s new venture which speaks to her core purpose of helping everybody live more sustainably by making action towards a net zero future, easy, fun and affordable. Her engagement platform will provide people and businesses living and working in one of the UK’s biggest cities with specific actions to be greener, showcase green businesses they can work for, or buy from, and new innovations and developments within the city."
Pam said: "I’ve worked in sustainable marketing and communications with many brands including Viridor, EDF and the Wetlands Wildlife Trust (WWT) engaging business and the public on sustainable choices and worked closely with the pioneering green movement in Bristol during 2015 when I was integral to the brand and marketing activities developed when Bristol was awarded European Green Capital.
"I know it's often a lack of time, money or information that stops me from being greener so I wanted to take some of the barriers away and show that we can all take easy, affordable action towards a greener, net zero future, wherever you are on the journey. This is about creating a place where people can go to make choices that work for them, in their lives and be inspired to see the positive impact that collectively Bristol is making.
"It has long been a passion of mine to produce an online ‘hub’ bringing together relevant business and community groups and news around specific green actions that are happening within a city, town or area. Thanks to Liz and her team, I’m now in the development stage of making this a reality.”
The Action Net Zero site will launch officially in the early autumn with Bristol as its first geographic area given the priority the city has placed on being net zero by 2030. The site will cover many areas of green news and innovation including food, business, green jobs, waste, transport and energy, keeping readers and viewers up to date and access to local relevant products and services. The hope is, over time, other city sites will be developed.
Over the coming weeks, Pam, who lives near Bath, will work with the Total Guide team to test and start to populate the new site.
"I'm so excited to be launching this project around Bristol and hope that the city’s various communities, groups and businesses will get on board and support it," Pam said.
Total Guide to is a digital news, community and marketing platform which began in Swindon in 2012 and now has sites in Bristol, Bath, Reading, Poole and Manchester.
Back in 2012, Liz started her business from her basement flat in Bristol with her laptop. Over the next two years the core team of seven (along with their team of UK wide freelancers), are looking to grow in terms of staff, website development/re-design, franchisees and strategic business partners such as franchise managers, social media influencers and videographers
Picture shows Pamela Barbato (right) founder of the new site Action Net Zero and Liz Hutchings, founder of Total Guide to....
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 07789 270030
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- agriculture / rural affairs agriculture / rural affairs feed
- animals animals feed
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- business / economics business / economics feed
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- design / architecture design / architecture feed
- education / training education / training feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- environment / conservation environment / conservation feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- fashion / beauty fashion / beauty feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- legal affairs legal affairs feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- industry industry feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- women's interest women's interest feed
- weddings weddings feed