This week is National Identity Fraud Prevention Week where a number of organisations from the public and private sector highlight the fact that identity fraud is on the rise in the UK and could affect anyone of us.
During this week Action Fraud is reminding us how to keep our identity safe with some simple tips:• Don’t throw out anything with your name, address or financial details without shredding it first.
• Be careful about what information you share on social networking sites, and check your privacy settings.
• Monitor your credit status by getting regular copies of your credit report from a credit reference agency.
As part of this campaign, from this week, Robert Dyas is offering a wide range of Fellowes Shredders products in their shops across the UK. The company believes that Fellowes products will be a valuable addition to their own exclusive products and famous brand names such as Brita, Energizer, Karcher, Kenwood, Morphy Richards, Tefal, Durcell, Brabantia and Vax, to name just a few.
Fellowes and other entities including Action Fraud, Cifas, Equifax, Symantec Norton, Get Safe Online are the organisers behind the annual campaign ‘Don’t let it be You’ which highlights the actions that can be taken to protect against identity fraud.
The scale of the fraud in the UK is alarming; according to Members of CIFAS, the UK’s Fraud Prevention Service identity fraud increased by 30% during the first quarter of 2012.
- Contact Name:
- Sandra Melo
- Blowfish Digital
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Company Website:
- More Details:
Related press releases
- Alpha Innova gears up for Black Friday
- Lee Sansum of Swan Global Direct shares his travel insights with young entrepreneurs
- Property and construction security specialist, VPS, wins Security Excellence Award
- Entrepreneur prepares to launch national initiative to support small businesses
- Penmex travels to Liverpool to attend Rising Star Event