UK free from food producer, Creative Nature, has won the prestigious award for its Organic Wholegrain Banana Bread Baking Mix.
The team behind Creative Nature,which is based in West Molesey, were announced as winners at the 2019 Nourish Awards which celebrates and honours the best new generation health foods in the UK. The product also secured a merit award.
An awards gala was held at the Cheltenham Race Course in Gloucestershire to announce the winners (September 12). The host for the evening was chef, nutritionist and author, Naomi Devlin. Categories included best soup, best savoury bake, best raw and superfood and there were also awards for best ethical, best organic and an innovation award.
“We are proud and delighted to have won this award. It’s been the culmination of a lot of hard work from a company which is committed to creating healthy products which are nutritious and tasty. It’s humbling to be in the company of the other nominees,” said CEO Julianne Ponan.
The winners and runners up were judged by qualified and practising nutritionists and leaders in the food, drink and business sectors including Annie Seeley from The Organic Tradeboard, Susan Hay founder of Thrive Magazine and Margarita Kalna founder of the successful Free From Festival.
They said of Creative Nature’s Organic Wholegrain Banana Bread Mix: “The resulting loaf is delicious and moist. A great way to use up your over-ripe bananas.”
Diana Murphy, founder of the Nourish Awards, said:
“This year’s awards attracted a high level of entries and the judges had a difficult job choosing the runners up and winners. All of the companies in the room are paving the way to offering better, healthy eating choices. We should celebrate with great pride those who are putting their stamp on the healthy food industry.”
Julianne Ponan created the Creative Nature food brand eight years ago to help people like her. Julianne has anaphylaxis and suffers from mulitiple food allergies. Finding quick and easy snacks or foods which could be trusted was her goal. Today she campaigns for better ingredient labelling across the food and drink sector.
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- consumer goods consumer goods feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- education / training education / training feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- women's interest women's interest feed
- weddings weddings feed