Customers who booked car hire through Carrentals.co.uk on six special ‘charity’ days have raised over £1000 for the homeless charity StreetSmart. For every booking made the car hire comparator donated an additional £1, beating last year’s total.
StreetSmart raises vital funds for over 100 homeless charities in 19 cities across the UK and since its launch in 1998 has raised over £5.5 million to a range of causes, including education and training initiatives, supported housing and health projects. It has also picked up a number of high-profile supporters including Stephen Fry and Richard Bacon.
Gareth Robinson, Managing Director of Car Rentals UK said: "This is the second time we have run the ‘Book and Donate’ scheme with StreetSmart and we are delighted that people are still showing their willingness to help by booking on these important days and raising vital funds. It’s certainly something we would like to continue in the future and hopefully each year we can exceed the previous amount raised."
Carrentals.co.uk urged customers hiring a car in November, December and January to try and book on one of the designated ‘Book and Donate’ days in order to help raise as much as possible. Through bookings alone nearly £800 has been raised, while Government matched funding on all December donations takes the total amount raised to £1,182.
In addition to the ‘Book and Donate’ scheme, StreetSmart runs its main campaign every November and December with well-known restaurants across the UK, including Nobu, The Groucho Club and Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, opting to add a voluntary £1 donation to the bottom of each table bill.
For more information or to compare the best car hire deals visit www.carrentals.co.uk
Carrentals.co.uk is one of the UK’s leading car hire comparison website, and celebrated its 5th birthday as a comparator in February 2012. Last year, the company achieved record sales, despite the challenging economic climate.
Searching up to 50 different car hire suppliers, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, Holiday Autos and Sixt, Carrentals.co.uk provides an impartial comparison of the best prices available in over 15,000 locations worldwide.
Customers can also book with Carrentals.co.uk through the Android and iPhone mobile apps launched in 2011 and also through the comparator’s Facebook page.
To book or for further information visit www.carrentals.co.uk
- Contact Name:
- Jenni Livesley & Cara Churchman
- ASAP Ventures
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01625 511966
- Contact Fax:
- 01625 511967
- Company Website:
- More Details:
Related press releases
- Say 'no' to CO (carbon monoxide) this Gas Safety Week with 24|7 Home Rescue and the Gas Safe Register
- The strangest things people bury in their garden
- Streamline Promotions reveals how a mentor can contribute to success
- Prologic Acquisitions encourages supporting new entrepreneurs
- Imperyo urges businesses to increase customer engagement before it's too late
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed