Did you know YOUR children are the first generation predicted to live five years less than you, their parents?
It's a sad reflection of sedentary lives, encouraging obesity, unhealthy eating, and a dramatic reversal in life expectancy.
But there is an increasingly influential organisation dedicated to to tackling the health and fitness time bomb.
Take a Challenge is a 40,000 strong online community with a mission to inspire, motivate and equip people to live a sustained, healthy existence.
It was founded by Chris Brisley, a former member of the Royal Navy who has fought back from catastrophic spinal injury after being hit by a Porsche. Chris leads by example, climbing mountains, running ultra marathons and Ironman triathlons and motivating thousands through the popular @TakeaChallenge twitter feed.
www.takeachallenge.org is a vehicle for the incredible accounts of community members who have experienced the unthinkable and used exercise to overcome their distress and troubles. It shares these stories to inspire generations into physical activity.
Take a Challenge, a privately owned start-up has been live for less than 12 months and is already on target for half a million visitors and is about to undergo a major upgrade. Using Indiegogo Crowd Funding platform to raise the necessary funds, it will move from a content-based website to an interactive community where individuals can easily share their stories, comment, blog and learn from the numerous sport and health professionals who are featured through their pages.
This will enable the site to help more people become happier, healthier, fitter individuals while improving their performance and if needed helping them fundraise for charity and choose a new challenge through the events platform.
- Contact Name:
- Christopher Brisley
- CEO & Founder
- Take a Challenge
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- ICC becomes VMware professional partner and Veeam ProPartner
- New Managing Director appointed at Advanced Health & Care
- Note for Hillary Clinton: how you could have avoided the emails ‘scandal’
- Iconic Event Strategies: Change your mindset and change your life
- Boost your confidence with Syrac Inspirations’ 10 step guide
- business / economics business / economics feed
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed