- The LifeStart platform from Virgin Money and Virgin StartUp is launching its latest challenge in partnership with ‘Galactic Unite’, a Virgin Galactic outreach initiative.
- The challenge is an opportunity for young people to tackle and raise awareness of the benefits of space exploration to life on earth.
- The prize, a trip for two and a behind the scenes tour of Virgin Galactic and The Spaceship Company (TSC) in Mojave, California.
LifeStart, a platform and community that helps students evolve their skills, gain real world experience and connect with leading companies across the world - is partnering with Galactic Unite to explore how we can harness space, science and technology to benefit life on earth.
In a challenge which is quite literally out of this world, students will have the opportunity to inspire a generation. With previous challenges resulting in students securing employment, the challenge has been designed to inspire creative thinking, teach new skills and provide participants with valuable experiences.
In support of LifeStart, Virgin Galactic has offered to throw open its hangar doors to the Challenge winner for an exclusive tour of its Mojave operations. Other prizes include £1,000 cash, Virgin Experience Day opportunities and internships with major companies.
The Galactic Unite Challenge opens on the 15th of November 2018 and will run for four weeks. To enter, applicants need to pitch a concept that highlights the benefits of space travel or how to engage students in space exploration. Eligibility is open to anyone studying with a UK (and affiliated) educational institution.
Maja Muric, Galactic Unite manager said: “Space has inspired so many people’s imagination and dreams but it’s often forgotten how much it helps advancements and life here on earth. We’re very excited to see how participants in the Galactic Unite Challenge would raise awareness of the benefits of space exploration to an entire generation.”
David Hall, Virgin Money’s director of future generation banking said: “LifeStart is a real opportunity for students to showcase how they can apply their skills, knowledge and creativity to solve big problems. By confronting them with real business challenges LifeStart aims to help students enhance their career and life opportunities.
More information about LifeStart can be found at www.studentlifestart.com
Neill Watson: 0776 432 7075 email@example.com
Aaron Dey: 0770 615 2059 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Galactic Unite
Galactic Unite is Virgin Galactic’s outreach initiative born out of a unique collaboration between the Future Astronaut community and Sir Richard Branson’s Foundation, Virgin Unite. Together we seek to drive positive change for young people by channeling our collective energy and resources – working to ensure that future generations are equipped to apply the space perspective to Earth’s greatest challenges. Galactic Unite offers both practical support and a planetary perspective to the engineers of the future. It harnesses the power of space to support and inspire young people to pursue an education in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- More than 13,900 charities have registered with Virgin Money Giving and, by the end of 2017, over £660 million had been donated to charities through the service since its launch in 2009, resulting in an estimated £19 million more donated to charities because of its not-for-profit model.
- Virgin Money offers savings, mortgages, credit cards, current accounts, currency services, pensions, investments and protection products to customers across the UK.
About Virgin StartUp
Virgin StartUp is the not-for-profit Virgin Company for entrepreneurs in the UK. Our team of entrepreneurs and start-up experts help people fund, start and scale their business. We want to support the entrepreneurs of the future and help students and young people get real and practical business opportunities to set them up for a more fulfilling career.
- Contact Name:
- Aaron Dey
- Project Manager
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- children / youth children / youth feed
- education / training education / training feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed