Growing up in London in the early nineties, Aar was exposed to musical styles such as pop, rock, hip hop, RnB and house. The combination of these influences with Somali musical heritage gives Aar his unique artistic identity, which is proudly displayed in Hiddo & Dhaqan.
The album addresses issues resonating within the Somali community, with tracks taking inspiration from the struggles of Somali people as well as the beauty of Somali culture. Traditional styles such as Dhaanto and Qaraami are featured and a unique recording of Uur Hooyo brings together two generations as Aar duets with Hodeide, master oud player and one of Somalia’s greatest composers.
Featuring popular tracks such as Asalamu Alaykum and Dhadhami, this is a fresh and exciting album that pushes forward Somali music, whilst remembering its origins.
Commenting on the release of his debut album, Aar said, “I am excited and proud to share Hiddo & Dhaqan with my fellow Somalis and the wider world. My mission with my new album is to remind my people what unites us, and to highlight the positive aspects of our customs!”
Hiddo & Dhaqan is on general release now and is available from Apple iTunes, Napster, Amazon, eMusic, Ruckus, Lala, GroupieTunes, Tradebit, PayPlay, Inprodicon, Verizon, GreatIndieMusic.
For further information contact: email@example.com
- Contact Name:
- Jamal Moghe
- Aar Maanta
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- LGB Direct Ltd announces attendance at Marketing Week Live 2015
- Bright Horizons launches Aberdeen to Brighton cycle challenge to raise money for the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children
- Mega Moolah jackpot grows to record £7 million
- Winner Casino expands game collection and improves mobile app
- Sticks and Stones: Call for parents to warn children about the risks of playing on derelict sites