This year Mr Montek Singh Alhuwalia, Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission, Government of India has confirmed his attendance and will be gracing the occasion with his esteemed presence. Mr Ahluwalia (born November 24, 1943) has been a key figure in India's economic reforms from the early 1980s onwards.
He was the first Director of the Independent Evaluation Office, International Monetary Fund. Prior to taking up his position at the IMF, Mr. Ahluwalia was a Member of the Planning Commission in New Delhi as well as a Member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister. He had previously served as Finance Secretary at Ministry of Finance, Secretary at Department of Economic Affairs, Commerce Secretary, Special Secretary to the Prime Minister and Economic Advisor to the Ministry of Finance. In 2007 he became a member of the influential Washington-based financial advisory body, the Group of Thirty.
Sikh Forum Annual Dinner being a very unique event has been attended by high profile dignitaries like General JJ Singh, the ex Chief of Indian Army, who was also felicitated with the Sikh of the year 2007 Award. Amongst other dignitaries, Lord Karan Bilimoria, Hindujas, Sir Iain Blair and other high ranking government officials from India and UK have been regular attendees of this event
- Contact Name:
- Ruchi Jhalani
- PR Officer
- Here&Now365 Ltd
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
Related press releases
- JK Lasers exhibits at ILAS 2015 - The Industrial Laser Applications Symposium, Chesford Grange, Kenilworth, UK
- Brandlective Communications reveals ways to prevent complaints with social media
- Strategic Five Marketing suggest those committed to in-house development will come out on top
- Rozwój I awans zawodowy – jak to działa
- Forward Continuance reveal their plans to expand overseas