Nutritional therapist and author Helen Adams will be a keynote speaker at the South West “Free From” food festival for people who eat a gluten, dairy and refined sugar-free diet.
The UK Free From Festival takes place in Bristol on Saturday November 17 between 11am and 6pm.
It’s designed for people who have allergies, food intolerances or who choose to be nutrition conscious. Guests will be able to sample UK made products, many made in the South West. Chefs will be doing live cooking demonstrations and children aged 12 and under can enter free of charge.
Helen, who runs Oakmead Clinic in Chippenham, Wiltshire, is the author of “I Don’t Know What To Eat – the definitive guide to food allergies, intolerances and sensitivities”.
She said: “I wrote the book because I like to recommend more resources for my clients to help them develop good eating habits and I just couldn’t find something suitable.”
“There are so many myths around foods, allergies and intolerances and I wanted to shed some light on various things which I’ve come across during my time as a nutritional therapist.”
A graduate of the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) and representing them at the festival, Helen will be talking about ‘eating with food intolerance’.
“I’m thrilled CNM has asked me to be there to represent them at this innovative event. Allergies and intolerances are on the rise and events like this need to become more mainstream to support the people who have to watch what they eat on a daily basis.”
Her book starts with Helen’s personal story around her career in nutrition – and what ultimately led to her leaving her corporate role and re-training to become a nutritional therapist. She’s currently studying for an MSc in Public Health.
The festival will be held at The Passenger Shed, Station Approach, Bristol (BS1 6QH) and tickets range from £5 to £10. Details are available from http://www.freefromfestival.co.uk
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- children / youth children / youth feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- education / training education / training feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- women's interest women's interest feed
- weddings weddings feed
- books / publications books / publications feed